Host-based multiradio modules with Wi-Fi and Bluetooth
M.2 card with JODY-W2 Wi-Fi 5 and Bluetooth 5.2 module
Standard grade M.2 card module with two antenna connectors (one for 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz 802.11ac, and one for Bluetooth/Bluetooth Low Energy 5.2). Under development.
The M2-JODY-W2 card combines the maximum performance of the JODY-W2 Wi-Fi 5 and Bluetooth 5.2 connectivity module with the flexibility and ease of use of a M.2 card. The card supports all features of the JODY-W2 series modules and is based on the NXP 88W8987 chipset. M2-JODY-W2 supports 1x1 single-antenna 802.11ac Wi-Fi operation, with data rates up to 433 Mbit/s. A second antenna is dedicated for Bluetooth operation.
M2-JODY-W2 is a host-based module that requires a host processor running a Linux or Android operating system. It connects to a host processor through SDIO (for Wi-Fi), or high-speed UART (for Bluetooth) interfaces. Support for other operating systems such as QNX will also be available. Radio type approvals are pending for the US, Europe, and Canada.
• M.2 type 2230 Key E form factor
• Wi-Fi 1x1 SISO IEEE 802.11ac data rates up to 433 Mbit/s (PHY, MCS9), beamforming
• Supports 802.11d/e/h (DFS)/i/k/r/u/v/w/ai
• Wi-Fi 20, 40, and 80 MHz channels
• Bluetooth BR/EDR and Bluetooth low energy v5.2 supporting 2 Mbit/s
• Chipset is compliant with AEC-Q100
• SDIO host interface
• PCM interface for Bluetooth audio
• Access point mode for up to 8 stations
• Hardware encryption engines: AES and TKIP
• Security: WPA, WAPI, WPA2, WPA3, WPS, and Easy Connect