Host-based automotive modules with Wi-Fi 6 and Bluetooth 5.3
M.2 card with JODY-W3 Wi-Fi 6 and Bluetooth 5.3 module
Standard grade M.2 card module with three antenna pins; concurrent dual band Wi-Fi 2x2 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz, 802.11ax; Bluetooth 5.3 BR/EDR and LE. Under development.
The M2-JODY-W3 card module combines the maximum performance of the JODY-W3 Wi-Fi 6 and Bluetooth 5.3 connectivity module with the flexibility and ease of use of an M.2 card. The card supports all features of the JODY-W377 module and delivers the highest data rates in Wi-Fi using the most advanced Wi-Fi 802.11ax technology. It can operate in concurrent dual Wi-Fi (2.4 GHz and 5 GHz), dual-MAC, and in 2x2 MIMO on 5 GHz. It supports Bluetooth LE/Bluetooth LE 5.3 features such as a data rate of 2 Mbit/s (PHY), extended advertising, and long range.
The M2-JODY-W3 card module is based on the NXP Q9098 chip. It requires a host processor running a Linux or Android operating system. The M.2 Key E form factor gives access to all supported JODY-W3 interfaces, such as PCIe, SDIO, high speed UART, PCM, and I2S.
• M.2 type 2230 Key E form factor
• 2x2 MIMO 802.11ax 5 GHz, beamforming
• Wi-Fi concurrent dual band 2.4 and 5 GHz
• Wi-Fi data rates (PHY): Up to 1.2 Gbit/s (5 GHz)
• Wi-Fi 20, 40, and 80 MHz channels
• DFS master zero-wait
• Multi-role operation: AP, STA, P2P
• WPA3: all common methods of security and encryption
• Bluetooth LE physical layer (PHY) data rates up to 2 Mbit/s
• Bluetooth long range
• Advertising extension, high duty cycle directed advertising
• Bluetooth LE isochronous channels
• All standard pairing, authentication, link key, and encryption operation
• Chipset qualified according to AEC-Q100 (card module is standard grade)