Expectations on the accuracy of the positioning component for telematics solutions vary based on the specific use case they target.
- Emergency call solutions (eCall and E911) usually require metre-level positioning accuracy.
- Telematics use cases (e.g. V2X ) typically need sub-metre-level positioning accuracies for initial deployments. New positioning requirements for the so-called day two applications are being defined, with ongoing discussions in standardization and automotive alliances such as 3GPP and 5GAA.
In certain architectures, positioning information serves other applications with more stringent accuracy requirements and a higher level of flexibility to address several applications in parallel. In such cases, possibly aided by multiple outputs, positioning solutions achieve decimeter-level accuracies.
u-blox standard precision Positioning solution
u-blox high precision Positioning solution
- Market leader in positioning solutions since 1997
- Wide variety of module- and chip-based positioning solutions flexible enough to adapt to different OEMs’ architectural choices, from domain controller-based to centralized zonal architecture, including telematics use cases
- Sound range of accuracies, from metre to decimeter level, enabling a variety of functions depending on specific use-case performance requirements (including integrity)
- End-to-end solutions comprising augmentation services via IP link or L-band while ensuring compatibility with third-party GNSS augmentation services
- Reliable performance delivered by automotive dead reckoning technology in challenging urban environments for example (e.g., in tunnels), leveraging advanced in-house autonomous dead reckoning (ADR) algorithms that combine GNSS-based positioning with inertial sensors and other vehicle sensors – the fruit of over 15 years of development
- Complete isolation of GNSS receiver; the cellular modem ensures maximum GNSS stability and independence from cellular activity
- Advanced spoofing and jamming detection for the highest security
- Automotive grade solutions in compliance with AEC- Q100 (IC) and extended ISO 16750/AEC-Q104 (modules) with operation up to 105 °C
Our experts are here to answer your questions about u-blox offerings for OEM Telematics.
Contact us and we'll be in touch as soon as possible: