The Internet of Things (IoT) is driving a new industrial revolution – and it’s already transforming industry. Smart technology is making operations more responsive, cost-effective, and sustainable. Are you ready to ride the wave of the connected, optimized, digital industry?
The Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) is forecast to add more than $14 trillion to the global economy by 2030. The number of industrial robots shipped in 2025 is expected to exceed one million. And already, more than a third of manufacturers are reaping the benefits of smart sensors.
For your business, these trends offer completely new opportunities to enhance efficiency and save time and money.
To unleash the full power of the IIoT, you need state-of-the-art connectivity, positioning, and timing technology. This blend combines to ensure that your operators and your smart monitoring and control systems are presented with the right data at the right time so that they can make the right decisions.
The five hallmarks of smart, connected industries
- Connectivity and remote control – Smart industries centrally monitor and control assets in real time, optimizing performance, and maximizing efficiency.
- Mobility – Smart industry operators have their finger on the pulse wherever they are – even outside the control room, where smart tools deliver context-aware insights.
- Optimization and flexibility – Smart industries use rich data to optimize operations and spot potential problems before they happen, while more mobile equipment provides enormous flexibility.
- Traceability – Connected industries bring whole new levels of traceability by knowing exactly where things are, where they’ve been, and how they’re performing.
- Sustainability – Connected industries use their rich insights and smart control capabilities to make optimal use of resources and minimize waste.
The criticality of security
Whether you’re operating critical infrastructure, a high-precision manufacturing unit, or any other industrial facility, you’ve got to get your digital security right.
As you connect up your operations, security becomes simultaneously more important and more complex because there’s so much more to think about.
Have you locked down each element, from its boot sequence to its API? Can your system deal with spoofing or jamming attempts? Is your data secure and tamper-proof at every stage of its journey between your equipment and your remote control and monitoring software?
u‑blox will help you get this right.