UDR is Dead Reckoning without the need for an electrical connection to the car, which enables leading positioning performance with extremely simple device installation.
The automotive industry, both the first mount and the after‑market sectors, have benefited from u‑blox’s extensive investments in GNSS dead reckoning technology. Building on extensive experience in conventional Dead Reckoning, u‑blox is now working on the next innovation. UDR blends GNSS signals and sensors, such as the accelerometer and gyroscope, to provide accurate positioning performance in areas such as dense cities or covered areas.
- World’s first and smallest untethered dead reckoning GNSS solution
- Independent of any electrical connection to the car
- Leading performance under poor signal conditions
- Real‑time positioning update rates up to 20 Hz
- Low cost of ownership, ideal for high volume projects
UDR enables reliable positioning even in case of GNSS signal interruptions, jamming, reflected or weak signals and is independent of any connection to the car, other than power.