Your information and privacy
What kind of personal data does u‑blox collect
Currently, provided we are legally permitted to, we collect your following data:
- First and last name;
- Company name;
- Company or personal address;
- Email address;
- Financial information used on our website to make payments (billing address, credit/debit card number, expiration date, and other billing information necessary to process the transaction);
- Internet protocol (IP) address;
- Some behavioral data such as your website or social media use or via online tracking mechanisms (e.g. cookies).
How u‑blox uses any personal data it collects
When you provide us with personal data, we use it:
- To respond to your inquiry;
- To process your order;
- To send you notifications related to the products or services you have purchased, such as product change (PCN) or end of life (EOL) notifications;
- To provide you specific information or offers via our website or other communication channels; and
- To comply with the applicable laws.
If you have not agreed to receive direct marketing material (double opt-in) we will not collect your data for these purposes.
How u‑blox transfers any personal data it collects
By consenting to u‑blox processing your personal data, you consent to its potential transfer and storage with other u‑blox affiliates and third party contractors such as distributors or service providers directly linked to u‑blox’s business and which may be located outside of the European Union (EU) or the European Economic Area (EEA). u‑blox will not monetize your personal data by e.g. selling such data to data miners and therefore will not transfer your personal data to any unauthorized third party. In relation to any transfers of personal data, we will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your personal data is treated securely and in accordance with the applicable data privacy laws and regulations.
How long u‑blox will keep your data
We will retain your personal data for as long as necessary to comply with applicable laws, our contractual obligations with you and further to our legitimate business interests.
How u‑blox records your IP address through its website
When you access our website, your communications data (e.g. IP address) is technically generated and could conceivably relate to personal data. The collection, processing and use of your communications data will occur and will be performed in accordance with the applicable data privacy laws and may be matched with your personal data later on, namely once you register your personal data in one of our web forms and opt in to the use of your personal data for the purposes described above.
How u‑blox collects non-personal data on the u‑blox website or via your email use
When you access our website or receive and read our emails, we may automatically (i.e., not by registration) collect non-personal data (e.g. type of internet browser and operating system used, domain name of the website from which you came, number of visits, average time spent on the site, pages viewed). We may use this data and share it with our u‑blox affiliates and third party contractors to monitor the attractiveness of our websites and improve their performance or content. If you do not wish for us to collect your non-personal data, please adjust your cookie settings here.
a) Tracking via analytics tools
b) u‑blox’s use of "cookies"
Cookies are small text files which are transferred to your computer or mobile when you visit a website or app.
We use them to:
- Remember information about you, so you don’t have to give it to us again;
- Keep you signed in, even on different devices;
- Help us understand how people are using our services, so we can make them better;
- To deliver advertising to websites outside of Switzerland;
- Help us personalise the u‑blox experience to you by remembering your preferences and settings;
- To find out if our emails have been read and if you find them useful.
If you do not wish for us to collect your cookie information, please adjust your cookie settings here: Cookie Settings. If you do not wish to receive cookies, please configure your internet browser to erase all cookies from your computer's hard drive, block all cookies or to receive a warning before a cookie is stored.
Security measures taken by u‑blox regarding your personal data
To protect your personal data against accidental or unlawful destruction, loss or alteration and against unauthorized disclosure or access, u‑blox uses technical and organizational security measures in accordance with applicable law. The u‑blox website contains links to other websites. u‑blox is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of other websites.
Your questions and requests for access, correction or deletion
You can contact u‑blox if you want to review your personal data and to correct or amend any inaccuracies or delete your data to the degree permitted by law. Please email [email protected].