Vehicle to vehicle (V2V) and vehicle to infrastructure (V2I) wireless technology, collectively known as V2X, improves road safety, reduces traffic congestion and enhances the overall passenger experience.
Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS) deployed today, such as radar sensors and cameras, enable vehicles to sense obstacles in limited angle and range. V2X enables 360° awareness by sending messages which include various information of the vehicle such as position, speed and direction. V2X is operating complementary to the conventional ADAS technologies and will enable a new era in road safety and traffic efficiency.
- Designed to work in high speed environments
- Range beyond the line of sight
- Based on 5.9 GHz Dedicated Short Range wireless Communication (DSRC), a two‑way, short‑range wireless communications technology
- Low latency and reliable communication
- 360‑degree situational awareness
- Sophisticated Authentication for increased privacy