In industrial IoT applications, every attack surface needs to be secured to establish a chain of trust. Learn more about how we establish the u-blox trusted domain with our five pillars of security.
- To safeguard applications, protect data, and ensure secure data transmission, system designs need to follow a set of security principles.
- Any exposed interfaces in applications can be used as attack surfaces.
- Attacks always cause harm, including: immediate costs, damage, consequential costs.
An attacked system may be subject to:
- Firmware attacks, in which altered code can modify system behaviour or grant access to secrets
- Data attacks, which attempt to interfere with normal operation
- Man in the middle attacks, in which interface I/O capture is used to change or replay the control of data to interfere with actual values
Five pillars of security that create the u‑blox Trusted Domain