Ingenu has partnered with u‑blox to enable the next generation of RPMA (Random Phase Multiple Access) technology to serve global opportunities in the Internet of Things (IoT) market. RPMA is a low‑power wide‑area channel access method used exclusively for machine‑to‑machine (M2M) communication utilizing the globally available 2.4 GHz industrial, scientific, and medical radio band (ISM band). One radio module can serve applications throughout the globe, providing scale, and simplifying deployments. The u‑blox modules feature extended temperature range and will allow for simple integration of positioning services.
Ingenu’s RPMA technology is a superior technology in the unlicensed spectrum that complements u‑blox's existing 3GPP licensed product portfolio with compelling benefits including:
- Global roaming with a single worldwide SKU based on globally accessible, single band ISM 2.4 GHz architecture
- Ideal for very low data throughput IoT applications with peak date rates up to 31 kpbs (DL) and 15.6 kpbs (UL)
- Fast firmware upgrades via separate FOTA broadcast channel
- 10+ years of operation on a single‑cell primary battery
- +26 db link budget improvement over GSM providing excellent coverage in buildings and underground