Arm®, u‑blox and other partners share a disruptive vision where the creation and deployment of commercial, standards-based Internet of Things devices is possible at scale. Together, we're building the new operating system, software components, tools and ecosystem that will make this vision a reality. The design principles focus on Connectivity, Efficiency, Security, Productivity. The ecosystem is open source and implements open standard.
The Arm® Mbed™ Ecosystem consists of:
- Mbed OS, a modern full-stack operating system
- Mbed Device Server, a Server that handles the connections from IoT devices.
- Mbed Tools, highly productive programing frameworks, tools and collaborative workflows
u‑blox is a official Mbed Ecosystem Partner and develops products using Arm Mbed technology. The benefits for customers are:
- User programmable application execution environment in u‑blox products
- Licence free component libraries and examples
- Free online Mbed compiler and libraries
- Support for various standards and cloud services
Arm Mbed OS 5 includes all the features needed to develop a connected product based on an Arm® Cortex®‑M4 with FPU, including security, connectivity, real-time operating system (RTOS), and drivers for sensors and I/O devices.