Arm®, u‑blox and other partners share a disruptive vision where the creation and deployment of commercial, standards‑based Internet of Things devices is possible at scale. Together, we're building the new operating system, software components, tools and ecosystem that will make this vision a reality. The design principles focus on Connectivity, Efficiency, Security, Productivity. The ecosystem is open source and implements open standard.
The Arm® Mbed™ Ecosystem consists of:
- Mbed OS, a modern full‑stack operating system
- Mbed Device Server, a Server that handles the connections from IoT devices.
- Mbed Tools, highly productive programing frameworks, tools and collaborative workflows
u‑blox is a official Mbed Ecosystem Partner and develops products using Arm Mbed technology. The benefits for customers are:
- User programmable application execution environment in u‑blox products
- Licence free component libraries and examples
- Free online Mbed compiler and libraries
- Support for various standards and cloud services
Arm Mbed OS 5 includes all the features needed to develop a connected product based on an Arm® Cortex®‑M4 with FPU, including security, connectivity, real‑time operating system (RTOS), and drivers for sensors and I/O devices.