Location: Cambourne - UK;Sgonico (Trieste) - Italy
Role also available in: Cambourne - UK;Sgonico - Italy
u-blox (SIX:UBXN) is a global technology leader in positioning and wireless communication in automotive, industrial, and consumer markets. Their smart and reliable solutions, services and products let people, vehicles, and machines determine their precise position and communicate wirelessly over cellular and short range networks. With a broad portfolio of chips, modules, and secure data services and connectivity, u blox is uniquely positioned to empower its customers to develop innovative and reliable solutions for the Internet of Things, quickly and cost effectively. With headquarters in Thalwil, Switzerland, the company is globally present with offices in Europe, Asia, and the USA. (www.u-blox.com)
As a Senior Product Manager for Internet of Things (IoT) and LPWA products you will be responsible for the assigned products of the Cellular portfolio, enabling new IoT and 5G/LPWA applications.
Your responsibilities include the definition and market validation of new products and features, with the goal of bringing product differentiators in the market while monitoring revenues, profitability, and return-on-investment.
Reporting to the LPWA product line manager, you will be responsible for merging market requirements, technology trends, internal innovations, and R&D capabilities to derive product requirements.
Together with the other team members, you will shape the u-blox LPWA cellular strategy and support the worldwide sales organization ensuring the business success of the owned products.
Expect to work closely with our R&D teams based in Italy and UK in a dynamic environment, where you develop new ideas and solutions for the emerging 5G market.
If you are a passionate, talented and self-motivated Product Manager with strong background on managing IoT hardware and software products, and you are interested in working in an international and dynamic environment with a unique technology, we are looking forward to receiving your application / reading your resume!
This role will be located in our office in Sgonico/Trieste (Italy). Remote-working options will also be taken into consideration
Your skills and experience
- Define specifications of u-blox new LPWA products and the related goto-market strategy, including price, features and roadmap.
- Participate in the definition and roll-out of new features for the cellular LPWA product line based on marketing inputs, timelines, and resources
- Maintain contact with key customers, partners and key players in the 5G ecosystem for product promotion and seek feedback on products, as well as future customer requirements
- Manage product life cycle, making ROI-based decisions, and constantly managing business outlook of the assigned products
- Define and specify product/feature documentation
- Be the product expert and proactively support Sales and Business Development teams in technical discussions with key and lead accounts
- Define support tools such as evaluation kits, reference designs, drivers, demonstrators
- Escalation handling in case of significant non-conformities
- Represent u-blox in key conferences and participate in standardization
What are your perks?
- Former experience as product manager of IoT devices. Experience in applications using a cellular module will be an asset
- Marketing and entrepreneur mindset, with proactivity, ambition, passion to succeed, and strong customer focus
- Excellent problem analysis/solving and decision-making skills
- Team player with demonstrated ability to work in cross-cultural, cross-geographical, multi-disciplinary teams
- Self-motivated and well-organized personality, comfortable in a multi-task environment with uncertainties.
- Professional English, proficiency in other languages is a plus
- Mobile, liking to travel on a 20-30% work time basis
- Bachelor or Master of Science in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or Telecommunications
Learn more about u-blox and its mission by watching this video !
- A multicultural and international company with over 50 different nationalities
- Project-based activities working with colleagues distributed across the globe
- A start-up and innovation mindset while in the process of scaling-up processes and efficiencies
We see diversity as a strength and promote a culture of inclusion among our employees. Our varied backgrounds, ideas and experiences are critical to our success. We strive to become a strong learning organization and are committed to provide our employees with equal opportunities regardless of differences such as gender, race, ethnicity, generations, belief.