Location: Headquarters (Thalwil) - Switzerland
Role also available in:
u-blox (SIX:UBXN) is a global technology leader in positioning and wireless communication in automotive, industrial, and consumer markets. Their smart and reliable solutions, services and products let people, vehicles, and machines determine their precise position and communicate wirelessly over cellular and short range networks. With a broad portfolio of chips, modules, and secure data services and connectivity, u blox is uniquely positioned to empower its customers to develop innovative and reliable solutions for the Internet of Things, quickly and cost effectively. With headquarters in Thalwil, Switzerland, the company is globally present with offices in Europe, Asia, and the USA. (www.u-blox.com)
Senior Hardware Engineer
Are you passionate about electronics and hardware design? We are looking for a colleague to join our hardware development team and contribute to creating state of the art products.
As a Hardware Engineer in the Board Level Hardware Team (BLH) at u-blox you are responsible for developing our main products of the Product Center Positioning (GNSS Modules and Support Products), as well as other internal boards.
The team consists of passionate engineers that work very closely together in a friendly, cooperative, and international environment. The collaboration also extends to other teams within the Positioning Product Center and occasionally to other Product Centers (Short Range or Cellular). You will occasionally travel between sites.
As Hardware Lead for Safety Critical Products, you will drive the HW design of these products. Your active participation within the team is key to make these products become successful. At the same time, being part of the BLH team, it is important to be sharing the knowledge across the team. This will increase the alignment with all other HW Leads in their product developments.
Your Skills and Experience
- Analyze the HW Design in accordance with ISO26262:5 Chapters 8/9, determine the necessary HW Metrics as SPFM/Diagnostic Coverage etc.
- Drive HW Safety Analysis and activities including identifying failure modes, identifying safety critical failures, creating an FTA, driving the FMEDA etc.
- Contribute to all product development phases in the Safety Critical Product Team
- Responsible for the HW Design based on functional and safety requirements from theconcept, the implementation trough to the verification
- Assess and provide expertise in HW topics to the team
- Write and contribute to technical documentation such as: system design documentation, characterization reports, functional documentation, user guides and release notes.
- BSc., MSC or another degree in electrical engineering or equivalent
- At least 5 years of experience in Automotive HW Development, including ISO 26262-5
- Knowledge and Experience in Mixed Signal (RF/Digital) System design on board level
- Experience with RF, analogue, and digital measurement equipment (VNA, spectrum analyzer, oscilloscope)
- Experience in using board design CAD and simulation tools for PCB design, preferably Cadence or Altium environment.
- Capacity to work independently and precisely, but also enjoying being a team player.
- Well organized and disciplined when documenting
- Be curious and thorough when investigating root causes of issues
- Good English skills (written and spoken)
What are your perks?
- Knowledge of satellite navigation technology
- Familiar with Agile framework (tools like JIRA and Scrum/ Kanban setups)
- Experience in using mechanical CAD Tools an advantage, preferably SolidWorks
- Programming skills (Matlab, Python, C)
Learn more about u-blox and its mission by watching this video !We see diversity as a strength and promote a culture of inclusion among our employees. Our varied backgrounds, ideas and experiences are critical to our success. We strive to become a strong learning organization and are committed to provide our employees with equal opportunities regardless of differences such as gender, race, ethnicity, generations, belief.
- A multicultural and international company with over 50 different nationalities
- Project-based activities working with colleagues distributed across the globe
- A start-up and innovation mindset while in the process of scaling-up processes and efficiencies
- Nice location on the Zurich Lake side, 15 min away from Zurich with public transport
- Sport activities, Friday beers, barbecue, and an amazing roof terrace
- Between 25 and 30 days of vacation a year, employee insurance contribution taken over by employer and additional contribution from the company to the pension fund, participation to public transport costs