Location: Leuven - Belgium
Role also available in:
u-blox (SIX:UBXN) is a global technology leader in positioning and wireless communication in automotive, industrial, and consumer markets. Their smart and reliable solutions, services and products let people, vehicles, and machines determine their precise position and communicate wirelessly over cellular and short range networks. With a broad portfolio of chips, modules, and secure data services and connectivity, u blox is uniquely positioned to empower its customers to develop innovative and reliable solutions for the Internet of Things, quickly and cost effectively. With headquarters in Thalwil, Switzerland, the company is globally present with offices in Europe, Asia, and the USA. (www.u-blox.com)
We are looking for a talented Engineer with experience and a high degree of interest in module-level, subsystem and SoC verification to support the growing verification and pre-silicon validation team targeting next-generation u-blox Cellular Communication and Positioning ASICs.
You should be committed, curious, creative, innovative, enthusiasticabout new technologies, striving for excellence and willing to work in a multicultural and multi-site context. You will join a growing International team.
Key responsibilities for the successful candidate will be to own or co-own all aspects of verification and pre-silicon validation; Various areas of focus are open: Data Path, SoC, Debug, Security, etc.
Our verification team uses the latest methods including Simulation, Formal, FPGA Prototyping and Emulation.
We encourage you to apply if this role excites you even if you think you may not meet all the requirements. We are always looking for outstanding individuals and great potentials.
- Define Verification and Validation goals needed to make right-first-time silicon.
- Develop Verification and Validation Plans based on specifications and team interactions (Designers, Architects, Test, Firmware, Analog) to meet targeted goals.
- Execute the verification defined in the verification and validation plans using various methods (Simulation, Formal, FPGA Prototypes, Emulation).
- Develop and maintain UVM environments and tests, verification components, firmware tests, firmware APIs and scripts to verify and validate module IP, Subsystems and SoCs
- Develop, reuse and integrate C-reference models into the verification environment.
- Analyse and investigate design behaviour to identify the root causes of failures (IP, bench, tests, flow problems).
- Analyse verification and validation results, report, and track bugs.
- Interact with cross-functional and cross-site teams located in multiple settings across Europe.
- Document own work.
What are your perks?
- PhD, Masters or Bachelors Degree in Electrical, Electronics, or Computing Engineering.
- 3+ years of industrial experience in IC design, verification and validation covering involvement in tape-outs. Relevant Academic experiences are also welcomed.
- Experience in Cellular Communication. Positioning or similar IP, subsystems and SoCs.
- Must have:
- Verification oriented mindset, details-oriented and a problem-solving focus.
- Proven experience in ASIC verification projects.
- Prior experience in building UVM verification environment and development of System Verilog Assertions.
- Good experience in embedded software and firmware development and associated flow for ARM based SoC (CPU/subsystem/top-level) verification
- Firm experience, understandingand practice of Hardware description languages (VHDL, Verilog and System Verilog).
- Experience in Functional Coverage.
- Good understanding and practice of high-level programming languages (C/C++), Drivers, APIs and Object-Oriented Programming.
- Lab experience in debug and investigation of Silicon and FPGA hardware.
- Practical knowledge and experience in the development of communications ICs for 3GPP Cellular LTE and 5G.
- Good experience in verification, validation of Integrated Circuits preferably targeting wireless communication systems (e.g. Wi-Fi, 5G, LTE, GPS/GNSS)
- Soft skills:
- Rigorous, Autonomous, Self-motivated, Proactive, and well organized
- Objective driven and team-oriented
- Good oral and written communication (English language)
- Authorized to work in country
- Be part of a digital team with many varied and challenging tasks.
- A multicultural and international company with over 50 different nationalities.
- Project-based activities working with colleagues distributed across the globe.
- A start-up and innovation mindset while in the process of scaling-up processes and efficiencies.
- Nice location in Leuven: a vibrant city, home to the renowned KULeuven university and at the heart of Flanders DSP valley.
- We encourage a good work life balance.
- 29+ days of vacation a year, employee family health insurance and additional contribution from the company to the pension fund, critical illness cover, bike to work and other benefits.