Location: Cambourne - UK;Sgonico (Trieste) - Italy
Role also available in: Cambourne - UK;Sgonico - Italy
u-blox (SIX:UBXN) is a global technology leader in positioning and wireless communication in automotive, industrial, and consumer markets. Their smart and reliable solutions, services and products let people, vehicles, and machines determine their precise position and communicate wirelessly over cellular and short range networks. With a broad portfolio of chips, modules, and secure data services and connectivity, u blox is uniquely positioned to empower its customers to develop innovative and reliable solutions for the Internet of Things, quickly and cost effectively. With headquarters in Thalwil, Switzerland, the company is globally present with offices in Europe, Asia, and the USA. (www.u-blox.com)
Looking for Clever Heads!
As part of the Application Engineering Team you will be responsible for the efficient bringing to market of u-blox products by supporting the Technical Managers in all aspects of resolution of technical problems.
You will support the improvement of existing products and the creation of new products by collecting and examination of market feedback and by analysis of competitive products. The efficiency of the application of our products is supported with the creation and maintenance of support tools. Training and education assure a high technical competence of our Field Application Engineers and the Sales in general.
You have to be customer-oriented, need to be able to quickly understand the system architecture of customer's application, and advise field application engineers or key customer on possibilities, and consult on a technical level.
The role can be located in Cambourne (Cambridge area) or in our office in Sgonico (Trieste), Italy
Remote-working options (60% office - 40% remote) will also be taken into consideration.
Your Skills and Experience
- Creation and maintenance of training materials for u-blox products
- Implementation and maintenance of Know-How exchange among FAEs and from product development team to FAE (issues, design recommendations, bugs, and feature roadmap)
- Hardware schematic reviews and advice, layout analysis
- 2nd level support for Technical Managers
- Lead/Key customer design support upon Sales/FAEs request
- Customization of core product deliverables (Hardware or Software)
- Supporting tools (e.g. u-center, programming sockets for FAEs)
- Reference designs (blueprints)
- Preparation and delivery of technical field/market feedback in specification phase
- Dissemination of information to FAE organization after Prototype Release
- Maintenance of product support from Ramp-up phase onwards
- Competition analysis (technical focus)
- External parts recommendation for customer designs
- Preparation and maintenance of design-in supporting documents (manuals, application notes)
- Coordinate issue replication and resolution between FAE and product development teams.
- Technical RMA analysis (engineering back-end for RMA process under lead of Quality department)
- Customer specific Measurements / Characterization
- Bachelor's, Computer Engineering and/or Computer Science and/or Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience
- Telecommunication standards, 2G, 3G, LTE, CDMA
- Internet technologies TCP/IP, Sockets, HTTP
- Hardware engineering, BB & RF
- Software engineering, Linux kernel, Android, embedded systems
- GPS/GNSS technologies like in ADR, Timing, PPP, A-GNSS domains
- Bluetooth and Wireless LAN technologies
- Experience embedded HW&SW debugging skills on real time operating systems.
- Experience in C/C++/C#/Perl/Python programming.
- Experience to use embedded tools (emulators/JTAG-debuggers)
- Willingness to travel to customer sites and events in domestic and international locations
- Good English communication and interpersonal skill
- Holder of a valid work permit for the application country
What are your perks?
- Knowledge of additional European or APAC languages is an asset
Learn more about u-blox and its mission by watching this video !We see diversity as a strength and promote a culture of inclusion among our employees. Our varied backgrounds, ideas and experiences are critical to our success. We strive to become a strong learning organization and are committed to provide our employees with equal opportunities regardless of differences such as gender, race, ethnicity, generations, belief.
- A multicultural and international company with over 50 different nationalities
- Project-based activities working with colleagues distributed across the globe.
- A start-up and innovation mindset while in the process of scaling-up processes and efficiencies