Location: Headquarters (Thalwil) - Switzerland;Espoo - Finland;Tampere - Finland
Role also available in: Espoo - Finland;Tampere - Finland
u-blox (SIX:UBXN) is a global technology leader in positioning and wireless communication in automotive, industrial, and consumer markets. Their smart and reliable solutions, services and products let people, vehicles, and machines determine their precise position and communicate wirelessly over cellular and short range networks. With a broad portfolio of chips, modules, and secure data services and connectivity, u blox is uniquely positioned to empower its customers to develop innovative and reliable solutions for the Internet of Things, quickly and cost effectively. With headquarters in Thalwil, Switzerland, the company is globally present with offices in Europe, Asia, and the USA. (www.u-blox.com)
Looking for Clever Heads!
As a Senior Test Engineer/Test Lead you are responsible of the planning and managing the verification activities of our automotive positioning product team. Test Lead will plan and organize the tests for the new HW and FW releases, manage and control test activities, as well as make sure that necessary equipment and processes are in order. Test Lead will also take care that required configurations are prepared for tests and test setups are available. Also test reporting is essential part of work.
You will be part of the Verification and Validation team, which is responsible for the definition, development, planning, execution, and review of the tests of u-blox positioning products. We are a multicultural, friendly, and highly collaborative team divided between Switzerland and Finland. Your analysis skills will enable you to find issues and work with the colleagues to resolve them. And as a team player, you are able to deal with multiple requests, optimizing your daily work according to the priorities you have set with your colleagues.
The role can be located in Thawil, Espoo or Tampere.
Your Skills and Experience
- Coordinate, support and participate the execution of test activities
- Plan and organise the verification of new Firmware features and HW releases
- Provide test reports in given schedule
- Ownership of testing tasks in product team backlog
- Provide verification workload estimation to product roadmap
- Improvement of test processes
- M.Sc. in Software Development/Telecommunications Engineering
- Strong knowledge of GNSS technologies
- Several years experience in Embedded Software Testing and/or Software Development
- Ability to work as a member of bigger projects and distributed teams. Flexible team player.
- Good English communication skills, both oral and in writing
- Willingness to frequent travelling
What are your perks?
- Sensors and sensor fusion technology
- Test automation, test scripting
- Good skills in Radio protocols and signal processing
- Experience in HW setups, including RF signals and current measurements
Learn more about u-blox and its mission by watching this video!We see diversity as a strength and promote a culture of inclusion among our employees. Our varied backgrounds, ideas and experiences are critical to our success. We strive to become a strong learning organization and are committed to provide our employees with equal opportunities regardless of differences such as gender, race, ethnicity, generations, belief.
- A multicultural and international company with over 50 different nationalities
- Project-based activities working with colleagues distributed across the globe
- A start-up and innovation mindset while in the process of scaling-up processes and efficiencies