Location: Headquarters (Thalwil) - Switzerland
Role also available in:
u-blox (SIX:UBXN) is a global technology leader in positioning and wireless communication in automotive, industrial, and consumer markets. Their smart and reliable solutions, services and products let people, vehicles, and machines determine their precise position and communicate wirelessly over cellular and short range networks. With a broad portfolio of chips, modules, and secure data services and connectivity, u blox is uniquely positioned to empower its customers to develop innovative and reliable solutions for the Internet of Things, quickly and cost effectively. With headquarters in Thalwil, Switzerland, the company is globally present with offices in Europe, Asia, and the USA. (www.u-blox.com)
Looking for Clever Heads!
The Product Line Manager is responsible for the commercial success of the standard precision product line. He or she, together with his team of product managers, defines the product line strategy, makes sure it is in line with corporate strategy, ensure the product portfolio matches the needs in the market segment and support the sales organization in winning business in the target market segments.
- Define & manage the product line strategy for the commercial success of the product line
- Product ownership (all 4 P) for the standard precision product line
- Market and requirements analysis
- Product definition, marketing and promotion responsibilities for the product line team
- Product life cycle responsibility
- Ownership of the product line roadmap
- Market development responsibility for product line
- Demand creation
- Leader of product line team
- Member of Product Strategy management team
- Process responsibility as assigned
What are your perks?
- Bachelor or Master of Science in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or Telecommunications.
- 10+ years of experience in business development, product marketing and/or product management of a portfolio of electronic components.
- Proven experience in delivering strategies for defending existing and penetrating new markets.
- Excellent problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Team player with demonstrated ability to work in cross-cultural, cross-geographical, multi-disciplinary teams.
- Self-motivated, takes initiatives, well-organized, can deal with overall strategic topics as well as more detailed operational tasks.
- Masters degree in business administration and/or marketing is a plus.
- Experience in the GNSS or IC industry is a valuable bonus
- Proficient in English, skills in other languages are an advantage.
- Available to travel on a 25% work time basis.
Learn more about u-blox and its mission by watching this video!Learn more about your future working environment within our Positioning Product Center here! We see diversity as a strength and promote a culture of inclusion among our employees. Our varied backgrounds, ideas and experiences are critical to our success. We strive to become a strong learning organization and are committed to provide our employees with equal opportunities regardless of differences such as gender, race, ethnicity, generations, belief.
- A multicultural and international company with over 50 different nationalities
- Project-based activities working with colleagues distributed across the globe
- A start-up and innovation mindset while in the process of scaling-up processes and efficiencies