Location: Headquarters (Thalwil) - Switzerland
Role also available in: Espoo - Finland
u-blox (SIX:UBXN) is a global technology leader in positioning and wireless communication in automotive, industrial, and consumer markets. Their smart and reliable solutions, services and products let people, vehicles, and machines determine their precise position and communicate wirelessly over cellular and short range networks. With a broad portfolio of chips, modules, and secure data services and connectivity, u blox is uniquely positioned to empower its customers to develop innovative and reliable solutions for the Internet of Things, quickly and cost effectively. With headquarters in Thalwil, Switzerland, the company is globally present with offices in Europe, Asia, and the USA. (www.u-blox.com)
Looking for Clever Heads!
As an Application Engineer for Competitive Analysis you will be working in a dynamic and international team within the global Application Engineering Positioning team.
You are responsible for the required technical research work as well as for participating in coordinating and conducting competitive analysis activities in support of the improvement and development of next-generation GNSS positioning products.
You will significantly contribute with the technical view of the threats and customer values defining the screening approach and generating the technical proof points.
In this role you will have the opportunity to engage and collaborate with several departments (product management, product development, verification and validation).
To be successful in this role, you have a good understanding of both software and HW design concepts of embedded systems as well as of the use cases perspective.
Youre passionate and curious about learning new products and extracting critical competitive benchmarking data. Analytical skills and familiarity with typical measurement equipment also belong to your skill set.
If you want to join an organization whose mission is to build cutting-edge technology that will shape the future of GNSS positioning technology, this is the right opportunity for you!
The role may be located in Thalwil / Switzerland or Espoo / Finland.
Your Skills and Experience
- Manage the Competitive Analysis technical activities within the Application Engineering team
- Provide guidance on the required technical tasks and formulate proof points
- Define how to screen the threats and provide effort estimates
- Support definition of benchmark KPIs
- Actively coordinate and review activities within the designated board
- Align and collaborate with the Product Development teams, Product Management and Testing teams during analysis definition, execution and report creation
- Conduct BoM analysis
- Develop, operate and maintain a GNSS test site
- Lead the required preparation activities preceding the testing on u-bloxs framework
- High level coordination and support of data collection campaigns
- Master or Bachelor's, Electrical Engineering and/or Computer Engineering and/or Computer Science or equivalent title
- Hardware design experience (analog, RF, digital)
- Data processing and analysis
- Scripting experience (Python, Matlab, Perl)
- Understanding of GNSS technology, typical solution architectures and expected behavior of components
- Able to operate advanced GNSS test equipment (simulators, record and replay devices, RF signal generators) and maintain a test site
- Good practical electronic skills such as soldering and use basic laboratory equipment
- Demonstrated work initiative as a self-starter with time management and prioritization skills, with ability to follow up actions to closure
- Ability to work in an interdisciplinary team
- Fluent in English, other European or APAC languages are a plus
What are your perks?
- Previous experience and good understanding of GNSS applications and market
- Embedded software experience
Learn more about u-blox and its mission by watching this video!Learn more about your future working environment within our Positioning Product Center We see diversity as a strength and promote a culture of inclusion among our employees. Our varied backgrounds, ideas and experiences are critical to our success. We strive to become a strong learning organization and are committed to provide our employees with equal opportunities regardless of differences such as gender, race, ethnicity, generations, belief.
- A multicultural and international company with over 50 different nationalities
- Project-based activities working with colleagues distributed across the globe
- A start-up and innovation mindset while in the process of scaling-up processes and efficiencies