Location: Lahore - Pakistan
Role also available in:
u-blox (SIX:UBXN) is a global technology leader in positioning and wireless communication in automotive, industrial, and consumer markets. Their smart and reliable solutions, services and products let people, vehicles, and machines determine their precise position and communicate wirelessly over cellular and short range networks. With a broad portfolio of chips, modules, and secure data services and connectivity, u blox is uniquely positioned to empower its customers to develop innovative and reliable solutions for the Internet of Things, quickly and cost effectively. With headquarters in Thalwil, Switzerland, the company is globally present with offices in Europe, Asia, and the USA. (www.u-blox.com)
You will join a team of highly experienced Software Engineers developing wireless protocol stack software for modems using the latest cellular technologies. The role involves architecting, designing, implementing and testing real time embedded software components. The job offers an opportunity to do highly challenging, interesting work in a global R&D team developing complex cellular products, and provides excellent compensation & benefits with a good career path.
Your Skills & Experience:
- Develop cellular protocol software for modems using embedded real-time C/C++.
- Create detailed technical documentation for developed functional blocks or features.
- Implement new features according to requirement specification and project plan.
- Work on cellular requirement specifications, design, test plans and documentation.
- Assist in the definition and verification phase of associated software functionality.
- Analyze feedback or nonconformities, provide workarounds or develop bug fixes.
- Maintain coding guidelines and quality standards.
- Mentor junior engineers and assist & train other team members.
- Regularly report to a manager.
- BSc/MSc degree in electrical engineering, computer science, electronics.
- Demonstrate strong interest in the digital (wireless) communications sector.
- 3-5 years experience in C/C++ embedded programing.
- Real-time operating systems.
- Programming languages and tools: C, C++, Perl, Python.
- Some familiarity with development tools such as compilers, debuggers, specifically ARM based.
- Ideally some knowledge of 3GPP mobile communication standards of Layer3.
- Experience of the software development lifecycle.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.