Location: Headquarters (Thalwil) - Switzerland
Role also available in: Tampere - Finland
u-blox (SIX:UBXN) is a global technology leader in positioning and wireless communication in automotive, industrial, and consumer markets. Their smart and reliable solutions, services and products let people, vehicles, and machines determine their precise position and communicate wirelessly over cellular and short range networks. With a broad portfolio of chips, modules, and secure data services and connectivity, u blox is uniquely positioned to empower its customers to develop innovative and reliable solutions for the Internet of Things, quickly and cost effectively. With headquarters in Thalwil, Switzerland, the company is globally present with offices in Europe, Asia, and the USA. (www.u-blox.com)
Looking for Clever Heads!
As a Principal System Architect you have a leading technical role in the development of positioning solutions. By applying your profound knowledge of GNSS receivers you create architectures and technical solution concepts based on stakeholder requirements. You define systems with components and their respective requirements. You align the solution concepts in a team of component architects. During implementation and testing, you provide support regarding your requirements definition. With your background in embedded software development, you focus on the software aspects of the system.
This position may be located in Thalwil / Switzerland or Tampere / Finland.
Your Skills and Experience
- Derive system requirements and architectures from stakeholder requirements
- Propose and align solution concepts with stakeholders
- Create and work on technical solution concepts, architecture, and specifications
- Guide and coach work on specifications done by the component architects
- Support implementation and verifications teams
- Strong and broad GNSS knowledge, including applications
- Good embedded software design knowledge
- Used to work independently and precisely
- Good communications skills for sharing experience and knowledge
- PhD, Masters or equivalent university degree in computer science, electronics engineering, or geodesy
- Minimum 10 years experience in firmware development position
- Expert knowledge in GNSS navigation algorithms and embedded software
- Fluent in English
- Willingness for occasional travel
What are your perks?
- System design knowledge
- Requirements management knowledge
Learn more about your future working environment within our Positioning Product Center here!
- A multicultural and international company with over 50 different nationalities
- Project-based activities working with colleagues distributed across the globe
- A start-up and innovation mindset while in the process of scaling-up processes and efficiencies
We see diversity as a strength and promote a culture of inclusion among our employees. Our varied backgrounds, ideas and experiences are critical to our success. We strive to become a strong learning organization and are committed to provide our employees with equal opportunities regardless of differences such as gender, race, ethnicity, generations, belief.