Location: Lahore - Pakistan
Role also available in:
u-blox (SIX:UBXN) is a global technology leader in positioning and wireless communication in automotive, industrial, and consumer markets. Their smart and reliable solutions, services and products let people, vehicles, and machines determine their precise position and communicate wirelessly over cellular and short range networks. With a broad portfolio of chips, modules, and secure data services and connectivity, u blox is uniquely positioned to empower its customers to develop innovative and reliable solutions for the Internet of Things, quickly and cost effectively. With headquarters in Thalwil, Switzerland, the company is globally present with offices in Europe, Asia, and the USA. (www.u-blox.com)
The person will take part in developing physical layer of cutting-edge wireless communication systems. The job provides an opportunity to do highly challenging, interesting, and rewarding work with a global R&D team with excellent compensation & benefits and a good career path
- Read and interpret 3GPP standards to derive requirements for physical layer blocks
- Signal Processing Algorithms design against requirements and system constraints
- Implement c-models in floating and fixed point
- Identify use cases and devise testing strategy/API
- Document design to support implementation in HW
- Integration with other layers and support for debugging field issues
- Maintain coding guidelines and quality standards.
- Mentoring and coaching junior engineers.
- Assists other team members on the job.
- BSc/MSc degree in electrical engineering with focus on communication
- Demonstrate strong interest in the digital (wireless) communications and DSP
- Have sound grip over communication system and DSP concepts
- Programming languages and tools: C, C+, MATLAB
- Ability to work as a member of bigger projects. Flexible team player. Can lead a team of engineers.
- Good analytical and problem solving skills.
- Good English communication skills in speaking and writing
- Typically 1+ years relevant experience
- Should be able to fluently converse in English
- Knowledge of 3GPP standards (3G/4G) is highly desirable