Location: Sgonico (Trieste) - Italy
Role also available in: Sgonico - Italy
u-blox (SIX:UBXN) is a global technology leader in positioning and wireless communication in automotive, industrial, and consumer markets. Their smart and reliable solutions, services and products let people, vehicles, and machines determine their precise position and communicate wirelessly over cellular and short range networks. With a broad portfolio of chips, modules, and secure data services and connectivity, u blox is uniquely positioned to empower its customers to develop innovative and reliable solutions for the Internet of Things, quickly and cost effectively. With headquarters in Thalwil, Switzerland, the company is globally present with offices in Europe, Asia, and the USA. (www.u-blox.com)
Looking for Clever Heads!
As a RF Design Engineer and member of the HW team, you will be working on Cellular RF/Microwave circuits, on Cellular RF/Microwave circuits and test, on Cellular Modules Production setup development from the chipset to the module.
As a u-blox hardware engineer you will be working for one of the module global leading companies, fulfilling your passion for Cellular Technology and feeling part of our international R&D environment!
This role is open in Sgonico (Trieste, Italy)
Your skills and experience:
- Exhaustive test planning and execution
- Test reports generation and presentation
- Design tuning, circuit matching optimization (01005 SMD components rework)
- Calibration method validation
- Test software design and validation
- Product Documentation
- Production startup optimization and support
- Building blocks selection and qualification
- PCB routing supervision
- Module mass production supervision and optimization
Knowledge in the following areas will be considered an asset:
- Master in Electronic Engineering
- Skilled in Instrument usage (oscilloscope, spectrum analyzer, etc.)
- Cellular systems RF
- Electronic hardware RF design
- Positioning systems (GNSS)
- Analog design
- Programming languages and tools: Cadence Allegro, design entry (schematics)
- Basic knowledge: C, C++, Perl, VB
- S-parameters analysis tools type simulators (ADS)
- Electromagnetic simulation tools (HFSS)
- Ability to work as a member of bigger projects. Flexible team player
- Good analytical skills
- Good Italian and English communication skills both written and spoken
- PC tools (Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.)
What are your perks?
- Holder of a valid work permit for Italy
Learn more about your future working environment within our Cellular Product Center here! We see diversity as a strength and promote a culture of inclusion among our employees. Our varied backgrounds, ideas and experiences are critical to our success. We strive to become a strong learning organization and are committed to provide our employees with equal opportunities regardless of differences such as gender, race, ethnicity, generations, belief.
- A multicultural and international company with over 50 different nationalities
- Project-based activities working with colleagues distributed across the globe.
- A start-up and innovation mindset while in the process of scaling-up processes and efficiencies
- Nice location on the Carso natural area, 20 min away from Trieste downtown
- Well-being: family environment, indoor kitchen areas, outside recreational area, yoga lessons, jogging group at lunch time, health insurance, flexible entry and lunch break time, 2% as additional contribution to pension funds
- Knowledge sharing is our philosophy
- Team parties twice a year