Location: Headquarters (Thalwil) - Switzerland
Role also available in:
u-blox (SIX:UBXN) is a global technology leader in positioning and wireless communication in automotive, industrial, and consumer markets. Their smart and reliable solutions, services and products let people, vehicles, and machines determine their precise position and communicate wirelessly over cellular and short range networks. With a broad portfolio of chips, modules, and secure data services and connectivity, u blox is uniquely positioned to empower its customers to develop innovative and reliable solutions for the Internet of Things, quickly and cost effectively. With headquarters in Thalwil, Switzerland, the company is globally present with offices in Europe, Asia, and the USA. (www.u-blox.com)
Looking for Clever Heads!
In the Product Owner Role, you oversee the development of a group of GNSS dead reckoning positioning products. These exciting, key products enable us to maintain a strong position in the automotive & micro-mobility businesses.
You work in an agile product teams with a product manager providing the market information, a product architect providing the technical input and a team (or teams) of engineers working on the product creation and maintenance. This team is given significant autonomy to set its own goals and arrange its sprints.
The development of our automotive GNSS products is being split into two separate teams, focused on high and standard precision respectively. The new standard precision automotive team includes all of the required disciplines: electronics, software, testing, a scrum master, and a product owner your role.
You bring enthusiasm and experience of product development to the team, supporting the team in their planning for the medium term as well as ensuring that the right priorities and objectives are set for the teams sprints.
You have a desire and ability to understand the sometimes technically complex use cases needed for our cutting edge GNSS products. You enjoy being challenged with understanding new technical domains and how the technology evolves.
The team is not co-located but development is spread across 3 locations within Europe. You will be working within the Product Portfolio Planning team which contains the product owners for all of our u-blox positioning products.
You would expect to travel to have face to face meetings in some u-blox European offices as part of your role.
Your Skills and Experience
- Product Owner for a key part of our dead reckoning product portfolio
- Owns, plans, prioritizes and maintains the Product backlog based on technical, business and product management inputs, as well as the capacity & skills of the product development team.
- Planning of medium-term roadmap these products together with the product managers
- Providing leadership and inspiring the engineers in the teams which are creating these products. These teams contain many different engineering skills including, hardware, firmware & test.
- Providing senior management and stakeholders with high quality information to enable their decision making.
- Manage, with the support of the team, product scope, schedule, costs and risks, ensuring that the product is delivered to the market on time.
What are your perks?
- Experience as a product owner or project manager in an agile (scrum) environment
- Significant experience in all aspects of development of products including electronics and embedded software through to product release into mass production.
- Ability to communicate to engineers and management, including the ability to create consensus.
- Experience is multi-site and multi-cultural environment
- Fluent in English (oral and in writing)
- Bachelor/Masters of Science in Electrical or Computer Engineering
Learn more about u-blox and its mission by watching! https://ubx.io/3saVzp6We see diversity as a strength and promote a culture of inclusion among our employees. Our varied backgrounds, ideas and experiences are critical to our success. We strive to become a strong learning organization and are committed to provide our employees with equal opportunities regardless of differences such as gender, race, ethnicity, generations, belief.
- A multicultural and international company with over 50 different nationalities
- Working with skilled colleagues distributed across the globe.
- A start-up and innovation mindset while in the process of scaling-up processes and efficiencies
- The flexibility to work from home for a significant part of your time.