Location: Athens - Greece;Reigate - UK
Role also available in: Athens - Greece;Thalwil - Switzerland
u-blox (SIX:UBXN) is a global technology leader in positioning and wireless communication in automotive, industrial, and consumer markets. Their smart and reliable solutions, services and products let people, vehicles, and machines determine their precise position and communicate wirelessly over cellular and short range networks. With a broad portfolio of chips, modules, and secure data services and connectivity, u blox is uniquely positioned to empower its customers to develop innovative and reliable solutions for the Internet of Things, quickly and cost effectively. With headquarters in Thalwil, Switzerland, the company is globally present with offices in Europe, Asia, and the USA. (www.u-blox.com)
u-blox, as a leading provider of navigation solutions for the automotive market, continues to expand its efforts in this important field with an increased focus on new challenges such as high accuracy positioning and security. These new challenges are driven by the need for modern automotive applications demanded by vehicle manufacturers, for example lane accurate position, advanced driver assistance systems (ADAS), and V2X.
Our vision is to continue to develop automotive navigation solutions that are reliable, robust, accurate, and secure. If you are looking to join a team that is making this vision reality by building cutting-edge technology used in millions of vehicles around the world, this may be the opportunity you are looking for.#
You are an engineer with a genuine interest in automotive product development. You should be a quick learner, enthusiastic about technology, hands-on and eager to contribute towards building our new automotive products.
The role can be locate in Reigate (UK), Athens (Greece) or Thalwil (Switzerland)
Your skills and experience:
- Define, develop, test and document software components related to automotive product development
- Integration of new features, test and release of the product to customer
- Development of tools for test and release automation
- Follow software process procedures and product life-cycle with customer cases
- Provide analysis and workarounds or fixes for bugs and non-conformities
- Clear and concise documentation of work
- Learn, improve and grow in an agile environment
- MSc or PhD in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Communication Systems, or equivalent education/work experience
- Strong C language skills
- Real-time Operating Systems knowledge
- Hands-on experience in embedded systems development
- Strong documentation and communication skills
- Familiar with version controlling systems (git, SVN) and integrated development environments (Eclipse IDE, Visual Studio or similar)
- Team player with the ability to work independently within broader project teams
- Fluent in English
What are your perks?
- Knowledge of GNSS technology navigation algorithms
- Perl, Python, Matlab or similar scripting languages
Learn more about u-blox and its mission by watching this video !We see diversity as a strength and promote a culture of inclusion among our employees. Our varied backgrounds, ideas and experiences are critical to our success. We strive to become a strong learning organization and are committed to provide our employees with equal opportunities regardless of differences such as gender, race, ethnicity, generations, belief.
- Hybrid working arrangements
- A multi-cultural and international company with over 50 different nationalities
- Project-based activities working with colleagues distributed across the globe
- A start-up and innovative mind-set while in the process of scaling-up processes and efficiencies
- Social based activities in all sites throughout the year