u-blox (SIX:UBXN) is a global technology leader in positioning and wireless communication in automotive, industrial, and consumer markets. Their smart and reliable solutions, services and products let people, vehicles, and machines determine their precise position and communicate wirelessly over cellular and short range networks. With a broad portfolio of chips, modules, and secure data services and connectivity, u blox is uniquely positioned to empower its customers to develop innovative and reliable solutions for the Internet of Things, quickly and cost effectively. With headquarters in Thalwil, Switzerland, the company is globally present with offices in Europe, Asia, and the USA. (www.u-blox.com)
Looking for Clever Heads!
RF Embedded Software Engineer
As an RF Embedded Software Engineer you will be part of our RF Driver Software Team working on modem RF development to the latest 3GPP standards.
You will work co-operatively with multiple teams to design, develop and integrate software for cellular modems into real products.
Your Skills and Experience
- Design, document, implement and test components of RF driver
- Integration RF components into cellular systems
- RF GCF test case failure triage
- RF calibration (run time and factory)
What are your perks?
- Knowledge of 3GPP LTE standards as related technology
- Knowledge of main components in an RF systems architecture
- Degree level qualification in an engineering subject
- Embedded Real Time C/C++ development experience, working closely with embedded hardware architectures
- Python knowledge for PC host based tools
- Familiarity with standard tools such as compilers, debuggers, specifically ARM based
- Experience with industry standard test equipment
- Knowledge of source control tools and issue tracking systems (Perforce and JIRA for example)
- Willingness to travel in UK and other countries as necessary
- Excellent English communication skills
Learn more about u-blox and its mission by watching this video !We see diversity as a strength and promote a culture of inclusion among our employees. Our varied backgrounds, ideas and experiences are critical to our success. We strive to become a strong learning organization and are committed to provide our employees with equal opportunities regardless of differences such as gender, race, ethnicity, generations, belief.
- A multicultural and international company with over 50 different nationalities
- You will learn and grow with the best in their fields of expertise
- You will work with highly innovative and leading positioning products used everywhere in the world.
- You will experience a diversity of projects
- Project-based activities working with colleagues distributed across the globe
- A start-up and innovation mindset while in the process of scaling-up processes and efficiencies
- Social activities throughout the year
- Spacious offices with car parking
- Hybrid working arrangements