Location: Berlin - Germany
Role also available in:
u-blox (SIX:UBXN) is a global technology leader in positioning and wireless communication in automotive, industrial, and consumer markets. Their smart and reliable solutions, services and products let people, vehicles, and machines determine their precise position and communicate wirelessly over cellular and short range networks. With a broad portfolio of chips, modules, and secure data services and connectivity, u blox is uniquely positioned to empower its customers to develop innovative and reliable solutions for the Internet of Things, quickly and cost effectively. With headquarters in Thalwil, Switzerland, the company is globally present with offices in Europe, Asia, and the USA. (www.u-blox.com)
We are looking for an experienced system integration engineer for our software team in Berlin.
As a System Integration Engineer you will customize, deploy and maintain software for our host based short range products. You will verify the functionality and performance of the products according to requirements/specifications and you will support project managers during project planning and execution.
- Customize, deploy and maintain Linux distributions on different hardware platforms
- Configure, modify and adapt Linux drivers for radio modules
- Develop and maintain software for tests and tools
- Write and contribute to technical documentation such as data sheets and user guides
- Support module HW team during design, verification and certification
- Support test and measurement team on production test system development and verification
- Support module qualification
What are your perks?
- Bachelor or Master university degree in computer science, telecommunications or electrical engineering with focus on software development
- Strong technical knowledge about embedded/network systems development and/or modern HW architectures (System-On-Chip architectures)
- Experience in Linux system integration using Yocto project is a big plus
- Good Knowledge of Linux kernel, device-driver development and networking subsystem
- Good knowledge in C, Python, shell scripting
- Knowledge about U-boot is an advantage
- Knowledge about GCC and Make is an advantage
- Knowledge about wireless technologies such as Bluetooth and Wi-Fi is an advantage
- Experience in Git and SVN is an advantage
- Good analytical skills
- Dynamic, autonomous and team player
- Good English skills
- German citizen or holder of a valid German work permit
Learn more about u-blox and its mission by watching this video !
- A multicultural and international company with over 10 different nationalities on site
- Flat hierarchies and short decision-making processes
- Innovative environment, where you work independently but not alone
- An exciting and diversified field of work
- Working with new technologies
- Team events twice per year
- Company grant for ticket subscription for public transport
- Pension scheme offer
We see diversity as a strength and promote a culture of inclusion among our employees. Our varied backgrounds, ideas and experiences are critical to our success. We strive to become a strong learning organization and are committed to provide our employees with equal opportunities regardless of differences such as gender, race, ethnicity, generations, belief.