Location: Sgonico (Trieste) - Italy
Role also available in: Sgonico - Italy
u-blox (SIX:UBXN) is a global technology leader in positioning and wireless communication in automotive, industrial, and consumer markets. Their smart and reliable solutions, services and products let people, vehicles, and machines determine their precise position and communicate wirelessly over cellular and short range networks. With a broad portfolio of chips, modules, and secure data services and connectivity, u blox is uniquely positioned to empower its customers to develop innovative and reliable solutions for the Internet of Things, quickly and cost effectively. With headquarters in Thalwil, Switzerland, the company is globally present with offices in Europe, Asia, and the USA. (www.u-blox.com)
Looking for Clever Heads!
If you have proven experience and passion for IoT embedded products this advertised position is for you. We are looking for a talented Senior Software Engineer to join our Drivers team and actively contribute to create state of the art cellular products.
You will be actively involved in the development of low-level software and platform drivers following the full software life cycle, from requirements definition and technology solutions analysis to product validation and maintenance.
In this role, you should be able to work independently with little or no supervision applying excellent organization and problem-solving skills.
You will be working in a tech-leading, innovative and multicultural environment, in which you will leverage expertise, creativity, autonomy and communication skills.
The role is available in Sgonico (Trieste) and a valid work permit for the location (Italy) is a requirement.
Remote-working options (60% office - 40% remote) will also be taken into consideration.
Your Skills and Experience
- Specify, design, and develop device security features for cellular IoT modules
- Define and execute validation plans for device security features
- Evaluate third parties products/tools
- Provide technical documentation
- Work and proactive interact with product management and customer support
Bonus Point (if applicable, not mandatory)
- Experience in embedded software development
- Knowledge in embedded devices security
- Experience in complex problem solving and coordination tasks
- Ability to work as a member of bigger projects, flexible team player
- Excellent English communication skills
- Ready to travel on request
What are your perks?
- Secure boot techniques
- Signing and validation techniques
- ARM architecture
- A multicultural and international company with over 50 different nationalities
- Project-based activities working with colleagues distributed across the globe
- A start-up and innovation mindset while in the process of scaling-up processes and efficiencies
- Nice location on the Carso natural area, 20 min away from Trieste downtown
- Well-being: family environment, indoor kitchen areas, outside recreational area, yoga lessons, jogging group at lunch time, health insurance, flexible entry and lunch break time, 2% as additional contribution to pension funds
- Knowledge sharing is our philosophy
- Easy car parking inside the property and bikes and motorbikes lots
- Team parties twice a year