u-blox (SIX:UBXN) is a global technology leader in positioning and wireless communication in automotive, industrial, and consumer markets. Their smart and reliable solutions, services and products let people, vehicles, and machines determine their precise position and communicate wirelessly over cellular and short range networks. With a broad portfolio of chips, modules, and secure data services and connectivity, u blox is uniquely positioned to empower its customers to develop innovative and reliable solutions for the Internet of Things, quickly and cost effectively. With headquarters in Thalwil, Switzerland, the company is globally present with offices in Europe, Asia, and the USA. (www.u-blox.com)
As a the Regional Application Marketing (RAM), you are part of the sales organization in Japan. You are responsible for the growth strategy of the Industrial & Consumer segment in Japan and the alignment of all product roadmaps to the customer needs in this segment. You are also responsible for the offering and positioning of solutions over multiple product areas in a selected market. As such you are maximizing revenue and margin for the company in the region.
- Establish thought leadership of the market segment in the region by positioning and articulating the value proposition of multiple u-blox products in an application.
- Define growth markets and shapes customers for the segment in Japan.
- Gather and Prioritize product and customer requirements of Japan.
- Help to achieve growth targets for sales in the market segment as part of the regional growth strategy.
- Working closely with product marketing and sales for the definition of the products and their market and customer fit as it relates to the region.
- Close interaction with sales and support to ensure revenue and customer satisfaction.
Your Skills & Experience
- Define a regional growth strategy for a market segment in alignment with the regional sales head and the head of global application marketing.
- Define and align the market segment related budget as part of the budget process.
- Implement the agreed market strategy with the sales regions by achieving the budget in the segment.
- Define growth areas within a segment, identify shaper customers and work with sales to build penetration plans with those customers.
- Establish direct contact and relationships to key customers for solution-based promotions and seek feedback on products and future customer requirements.
- Drive the product related feedback into the product roadmaps by working with product marketing managers and the head of global application marketing.
- Support and train u-blox sales channel and marketing communication
- Define and contribute to solution documentation as fit for the region.
- Provide competition analysis for a market segment in a region.
- Manage SalesTools
- Degree in electronics or business with several years of experience in hardware and/or software engineering
- Minimum 10 years of working experience in the semi-conductor industry.
- Proven ability to interface with customers (e.g. in a sales and/or support role).
- Strong background in business marketing
- Proficient in English, other languages an asset.
- Additional Degree in business administration of marketing is benefit.
- Willingness to travel
- Has worked over multiple cultures.
- Position will be based in Tokyo or Osaka