Location: Headquarters (Thalwil) - Switzerland;Cambourne - UK;Reigate - UK
Role also available in: Cambourne - UK;Reigate - UK
u-blox (SIX:UBXN) is a global technology leader in positioning and wireless communication in automotive, industrial, and consumer markets. Their smart and reliable solutions, services and products let people, vehicles, and machines determine their precise position and communicate wirelessly over cellular and short range networks. With a broad portfolio of chips, modules, and secure data services and connectivity, u blox is uniquely positioned to empower its customers to develop innovative and reliable solutions for the Internet of Things, quickly and cost effectively. With headquarters in Thalwil, Switzerland, the company is globally present with offices in Europe, Asia, and the USA. (www.u-blox.com)
Looking for Clever Heads!
As a Principal Research Engineer you will have a leadership role in studying, researching and prototyping new GNSS technologies that may be relevant for our next generation GNSS products. We anticipate that you will have an innate inquisitiveness and an aptitude for problem solving. As a recognized expert you will have the chance to interact with and inspire both internal development teams and industry leading experts from academia and industry outside of u-blox. You will be responsible for making recommendations for the adoption of new technologies within our products.
The position is in the Positioning Technology Team based in Thalwil Switzerland or in the UK (Cambridge or Reigate offices) with a hybrid (part office part home) working arrangement. For the right candidate our other European offices could be considered too.
Your Skills and Experience
- Lead research into new GNSS and/or other PNT technologies as a technical expert, probably within a specialist sub-domain of the field
- Generate Study Reports or Proof-of-Concept prototypes as appropriate for the topic under investigation
- Present the research results and recommend follow-on steps to stakeholders and senior management
- Support and advise the development teams with implementation of new technologies when required.
- Prepare research papers and articles with the opportunity to attend and present at international conferences from time-to-time.
- Expert knowledge of GNSS and/or other PNT technologies such as inertial (IMU) navigation and those used for indoor positioning
- Excellent verbal and non-verbal communication skills
- Inquisitive with an aptitude for lateral thinking and problem solving
- Ability to work independently and as a Team player and to lead and inspire other engineers
- 10+ years experience in the PNT domain or related areas
- Degree qualified with an appropriate qualification, such as PhD, in a technical discipline such as Electronics, Computing, Geodesy, Physics, Mathematics etc.
- Willingness to travel internationally occasionally
What are your perks?
- Track record in research supported by publications and/or conference presentations
- Good contact networks across academia and industry
Learn more about u-blox and its mission by watching this video !Learn more about your future working environment within our Positioning Product Center here! We see diversity as a strength and promote a culture of inclusion among our employees. Our varied backgrounds, ideas and experiences are critical to our success. We strive to become a strong learning organization and are committed to provide our employees with equal opportunities regardless of differences such as gender, race, ethnicity, generations, belief.
- A multicultural and international company with over 50 different nationalities
- Project-based activities working with colleagues distributed across the globe
- A start-up and innovation mindset while in the process of scaling-up processes and efficiencies
- Competitive salary, holiday allowance and other perks depending on location.