Location: Sgonico (Trieste) - Italy
Role also available in: Sgonico - Italy
u-blox (SIX:UBXN) is a global technology leader in positioning and wireless communication in automotive, industrial, and consumer markets. Their smart and reliable solutions, services and products let people, vehicles, and machines determine their precise position and communicate wirelessly over cellular and short range networks. With a broad portfolio of chips, modules, and secure data services and connectivity, u blox is uniquely positioned to empower its customers to develop innovative and reliable solutions for the Internet of Things, quickly and cost effectively. With headquarters in Thalwil, Switzerland, the company is globally present with offices in Europe, Asia, and the USA. (www.u-blox.com)
Looking for Clever Heads!
We are looking for a talented Software Engineer to join our Software Modem Team contributing to create state of the art cellular modems. The role involves designing, implementing, testing and maintaining software components in several cellular modem implementations covering all ranges of Radio Access Technologies (2G, 3G, 4G and beyond). The Software Engineer will be working in a tech leading, innovative and multicultural environment, in which he/she will leverage his/her expertise, creativity, autonomy and communication skills.
This role will be located in our office in Sgonico (Trieste), Italy.
Your Skills and Experience
- Maintain, customize and debug features on 2G, 3G and LTE cellular modems.
- Define and implement new software features in the areas of competence.
- Define and develop functional regression testing for the SW area of responsibility.
- Perform triage of issues during cellular products regulatory and operator certifications.
- Support customers for field or certification issues
- Provide technical documentation
- Provide support to other corporate teams like Product Strategy and Application Engineering
- M.Sc. in Telecommunications Engineering
- Preferred PhD degree with focus on telecommunications
- Knowledge and experience in:
- C / C++ programming
- Cellular network protocols (LTE, LTE catM1, NBIoT)
- Internet protocols (TCP/UDP/IP) and applications (e.g. FTP)
- Embedded systems and OS
- Software development methodologies and tools
What are your perks?
- Wireless networks modelling, simulation tools and methodologies.
- LTE and 5G access stratum technologies
- 5G IoT networks
- SIM/UICC drivers and applications
Learn more about your future working environment within our Cellular Product Center here! We see diversity as a strength and promote a culture of inclusion among our employees. Our varied backgrounds, ideas and experiences are critical to our success. We strive to become a strong learning organization and are committed to provide our employees with equal opportunities regardless of differences such as gender, race, ethnicity, generations, belief.
- A multicultural and international company with over 50 different nationalities
- Project-based activities working with colleagues distributed across the globe.
- A start-up and innovation mindset while in the process of scaling-up processes and efficiencies
- Nice location on the Carso natural area, 20 min away from Trieste downtown
- Well-being: family environment, indoor kitchen areas, outside recreational area, yoga lessons, jogging group at lunch time, health insurance, flexible entry and lunch break time, 2% as additional contribution to pension funds
- Knowledge sharing is our philosophy
- Easy car parking inside the property and bikes and motorbikes lots
- Team parties twice a year