Location: Headquarters (Thalwil) - Switzerland;Cambourne - UK
Role also available in: Cambourne - UK;Thalwil - Switzerland
u-blox (SIX:UBXN) is a global technology leader in positioning and wireless communication in automotive, industrial, and consumer markets. Their smart and reliable solutions, services and products let people, vehicles, and machines determine their precise position and communicate wirelessly over cellular and short range networks. With a broad portfolio of chips, modules, and secure data services and connectivity, u blox is uniquely positioned to empower its customers to develop innovative and reliable solutions for the Internet of Things, quickly and cost effectively. With headquarters in Thalwil, Switzerland, the company is globally present with offices in Europe, Asia, and the USA. (www.u-blox.com)
Position Title: Team Lead: Application Engineer for Positioning Products
This is an exciting opportunity to support our customers' success in bringing u-blox products to market, as well to effectively assist the development teams in all aspects of product design, improvement, and deployment.
As Application Engineering Team Leader you will be working in a dynamic and international team within the global Application Engineering Positioning organization as the authority for specific technologies, product portfolios, and their application.
Your focus will be to deliver a strong customer experience by providing product support and understanding the requirements for the product and customers' expectations
You will have the opportunity to work closely with several departments (development, product strategy, field application engineering, sales team) and to help clear roadblocks towards commercializing automotive, consumer, and industrial products within u-blox positioning technology.
Your Skills and Experience
- Lead the high-precision and timing GNSS application engineering team. Manage their daily activities, align priorities, coordinate and organize the team work
- Assure your team provides and maintains the highest quality technical support services, advising key customers on product design-in, driving resolution of technical issues escalated from the field, and providing customized solutions to strategic accounts
- Manage the creation and maintenance of support tools and design-in vehicles, ensuring successful application of our products
- Supervise the technical documentation creation process and content authoring
- Contribute to the improvement of existing products and the creation of new products by providing inputs and knowledge, collecting customer feedback
- Build and maintain close collaboration with all relevant stakeholders to accomplish the team objectives, assuring product value is delivered to the end user
- Be a key point of contact for other team leads and senior management as well as having line management duties, carrying out mentoring and coaching of more junior staff
- Organize training for regional Field Application Engineers and Technical Managers to deliver effective first level technical support
- Regularly align and report to the Director of application engineering
- Actively participate in the creation and improvement of processes
- Master's or Bachelor's Degree in Computer Engineering and/or Computer Science and/or Electrical Engineering, or equivalent experience
- Proven leadership skills and hiring experience, with more than 2 years of experience as a team leader
- Significant work experience (5+ years) in one or more in following areas:
- Global Positioning Systems and related technologies such as Timing, PPP, RTK
- Hardware engineering, BB & RF
- Excellent problem-solving skills, able to handle difficult situations with diligence
- A strong communicator who can adapt to different counterparts (R&D, Program Managers, Product Managers...) and interface with u-blox subsidiaries and customers around the world
- Fluent in English
What are your perks?
- Knowledge of additional European or APAC languages
- Experience or good understanding of High Precision Technologies, RTK/VRS/OSR/SSR
- Experience of embedded HW & SW debugging skills on real time operating systems.
- Experience in C/C++/C#/Perl/Python programming.
- Experience using embedded tools (emulators/JTAG-debuggers)
Learn more about your future working environment within our Positioning Product Center here!
- A multicultural and international company with over 50 different nationalities
- Project-based activities working with colleagues distributed across the globe
- A start-up and innovation mindset while in the process of scaling-up processes and efficiencies
- Hybrid working arrangements
- Spacious office with on-site parking
- Social activities throughout the year
- Local benefits: for the UK: Health insurance including dental & optical cover, health cash plan, Cycle to work scheme, Employer pension contributions, 28 days holiday and more
Find out more about how it looks like to work at u-blox in this video!