Senior Business Development, Shanghai
Location: Asia - Pacific
Role also available in:
u-blox (SIX:UBXN) is a global technology leader in positioning and wireless communication in automotive, industrial, and consumer markets. Their smart and reliable solutions, services and products let people, vehicles, and machines determine their precise position and communicate wirelessly over cellular and short range networks. With a broad portfolio of chips, modules, and secure data services and connectivity, u blox is uniquely positioned to empower its customers to develop innovative and reliable solutions for the Internet of Things, quickly and cost effectively. With headquarters in Thalwil, Switzerland, the company is globally present with offices in Europe, Asia, and the USA. (www.u-blox.com)
Job Description : Senior Business Development, Shanghai
As a Senior Business Development for our China business team, you help to drive the business development in China in close alignment with other regional functions like Technical Support, Application Marketing, Distribution Management and Business Development Administration.
In this role you will be responsible for promoting u-blox products through all channels. To be successful, you will work with the respective stakeholders of the functions mentioned above in the regional sales team depending on the target customers. Besides, you will also develop and support own direct customers, and you will establish a strong regional ecosystem in order to grow a strong indirect sales funnel.
In summary, as Senior Business Development, you together with the team in China will berequired to support the budget targets with the Regional team, develop new business strategies and increase profits for the company in China.
General objectives of the position:
- Developing growth strategies and business plans.
- Managing and retaining relationships with existing customers.
- Identifying potential new customers.
- Identifying and mapping business strengths and customer needs.
- Working closely with all product centres to ensure the offering and positioning of solutions over multiple product areas in selected market.
- Liaise with distributors/customers and provide information, brochures, samples, etc. requested by customers.
- Support marketing of u-blox products (promotion, events), including market communications.
- Management of Customer Projects for the region by maintaining close contact with customer and manage all activities during the design-in and product realization phase.
- Support sales representation processes (liaison between HQ and distributors/ customers, submit documentation to distributors/customers, provide information on customer credit worthiness, and support proper logistics, support after-sales process).
- Support Annual Budget preparation and be accountable for achieving the set business targets.
- Organizes the customer support by coordinating resources (FAE, Sales, R&D, Marketing).
- Responding to all questionnaires from customers.
- Provides a technical market feedback to R&D and Product Management at HQ.
- Performs periodic technical competition analysis if required.
- Perform tasks as may be required by Employer from time to time.
- Support the management (administrative, financial, etc.) of the regional office.
What are your perks?
- Bachelor/Master of Science in Electrical/Telecommunication Engineering or Business.
- Minimum 5-year of sales experience in the semiconductor industry.
- Ideally experience with GPS/GNSS, GPRS/UMTS/LTE, Cellular/IOT, Wi-fi, Short range/Bluetooth, RF design, Services, and firmware development.
- Experience of solutions developed using UPD, MQTT, secure key management or web services will be an added advantage
- Excellent communication, presentation, and negotiation skills.
- Embrace changes and innovation.
- A net-worker and relationship builder.
- Team player with demonstrated ability to work in cross-cultural, cross-geographical, multi-disciplinary teams.
- Self-motivated, takes initiatives, well-organized, can deal with overall strategic topics as well as more detailed operational questions.
- Excellent organization skills to meet goals and set priorities.
- Location: Shanghai
Learn more about u-blox and its mission by watchingthis video!
We see diversity as a strength and promote a culture of inclusion among our employees. Our varied backgrounds, ideas and experiences are critical to our success. We strive to become a strong learning organization and are committed to provide our employees with equal opportunities regardless of differences such as gender, race, ethnicity, generations, belief.
- A multicultural and international company with over 50 different nationalities.
- Project-based activities working with colleagues distributed across the globe
- A start-up and innovation mindset while in the process of scaling-up processes and efficiencies.
- Training and development programs
- Hybrid work model (40% home office & 60% office)
- Birthday leaves and Birthday gift.
- Company Bonus and Stock Option Plan
Are you interested in this challenging position within an international work environment in a successful company? Apply now! You will be working with a motivated team in an exciting technology.
We are looking forward to receiving your application.We are looking forword to receiving your aplication.