Location: Espoo - Finland
Role also available in: Thalwil - Switzerland
u-blox (SIX:UBXN) is a global technology leader in positioning and wireless communication in automotive, industrial, and consumer markets. Their smart and reliable solutions, services and products let people, vehicles, and machines determine their precise position and communicate wirelessly over cellular and short range networks. With a broad portfolio of chips, modules, and secure data services and connectivity, u blox is uniquely positioned to empower its customers to develop innovative and reliable solutions for the Internet of Things, quickly and cost effectively. With headquarters in Thalwil, Switzerland, the company is globally present with offices in Europe, Asia, and the USA. (www.u-blox.com)
Are you passionate about electronics and hardware design? We are looking for a colleague to join our hardware development team and contribute to creating state of the art products.
As a Hardware Engineer in the Board Level Hardware Team (BLH) at u-blox you will be part of the development of our main products of the Product Center Positioning (GNSS Modules and Support Products), as well as other internal, support and characterization boards.
The team consists of passionate engineers that work very closely together in a friendly, cooperative, and international environment. The collaboration also extends to other teams within the Positioning Product Center and occasionally to other Product Centers (Short Range or Cellular). You will occasionally travel between sites.
As Hardware Lead you will closely collaborate with the assigned Product Team developing our Automotive Products. Your active participation within the product team is key to create reliable and successful products. At the same time, being part of BLH team it is important to be sharing the knowledge across the team. This will increase the alignment with all other HW Leads in their product developments.
The BLH team is evenly distributed between Espoo (Finland) and Thalwil (Switzerland). The Automotive Product Team is distributed all over Europe: Tampere (Finland), Espoo (Finland), Thalwil (Switzerland), Athens (Greece) and Reigate (UK). Traveling between sites is expected.
Learn more about your future working environment within our Positioning Product Center here!
- Contribute to all phases of product development within the assigned Product Team
- HW Design (Concept, Component selection, Schematics, Layout, etc)
- Providing expertise in HW topics to the team
- Create Technical Specifications
- Ensure and verify proper functionality and performance according to the Product Specification
- Write and contribute to technical documentation
- Provide input for and review data sheets, users guides and release notes
- Ensure the transfer of the design to the manufacturing house.
- Degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- Knowledge and Experience in Mixed Signal (RF/Digital) System design on Board level
- Experience with RF measurement equipment (e.g. vector network analyzer, spectrum analyzer)
- Experience in using board design CAD and simulation tools for PCB design, preferably Cadence environment.
- Be a great team player but of course also capable of working independently and precisely
- Well organized and disciplined when documenting
- Be curious and thorough when investigating root causes of issues
- Good English skills (written and spoken)
What are your perks?
- Knowledge and experience of GNSS technology is a plus, willingness to learn a must.
- Simulation skills (ADS, SIwave, AWR suite)
- Experience in using mechanical CAD Tools an advantage, preferably SolidWorks
- Programming skills (Matlab, Python, C)
Find out more about how it looks like to work at u-blox in this video!We see diversity as a strength and promote a culture of inclusion among our employees. Our varied backgrounds, ideas and experiences are critical to our success. We strive to become a strong learning organisation and are committed to provide our employees with equal opportunities regardless of differences such as gender, race, ethnicity, generations, belief.
- A multicultural and international company with over 50 different nationalities
- Project-based activities working with colleagues distributed across the globe.
- A start-up and innovation mindset while in the process of scaling-up processes and efficiencies
- Up to 40% remote work & flexible working hours
- Training and career growth opportunities
- Company Bonus and Stock Option Plan
- Easy access location in Espoo Perkkaa
- Modern office premises
- Good basic benefits (commuting, lunch, sports&culture etc.)
- Sport activities, Team events