Location: Espoo - Finland;Tampere - Finland
Role also available in: Espoo - Finland;Tampere - Finland
u-blox (SIX:UBXN) is a global technology leader in positioning and wireless communication in automotive, industrial, and consumer markets. Their smart and reliable solutions, services and products let people, vehicles, and machines determine their precise position and communicate wirelessly over cellular and short range networks. With a broad portfolio of chips, modules, and secure data services and connectivity, u blox is uniquely positioned to empower its customers to develop innovative and reliable solutions for the Internet of Things, quickly and cost effectively. With headquarters in Thalwil, Switzerland, the company is globally present with offices in Europe, Asia, and the USA. (www.u-blox.com)
As a software engineer you will work hands on with development of verification systems for future high accuracy GNSS and satellite based timing products. In this position you have a unique opportunity to co-operate with some of the leading experts of global navigation satellite system (GNSS) technology.
You are part of a small team responsible of automated test environment for our GNSS based products. Your responsibilities include architectural design, implementation, and maintenance of automated test framework as well as integration between requirement management, test planning and issue tracking tools. You should be familiar with software development processes and good programming skills, knowledge of HW design and HW concepts would be a helpful to provide input for design of future test infrastructure.
If you are interested about possibilities of cutting edge GNSS technology and looking to work in an international team together with some of the leading experts in their technical areas, this could be the chance for you.
Learn more about your future working environment within our Positioning Product Center here!
Your Skills and Experience
- Development, verification, and maintenance of automated test framework
- Integration of various tools as one seamless testing system
- Writing module tests and technical documentation for developed solutions
- Participate architectural design of test system
- MS or BS in electrical engineering or computer science
- C/C++, Python
- Ability to work as a member of bigger projects. Flexible team player
- Good analytical skills.
- Good English communication skills, oral and in writing
- Robot Framework
- GNSS technologies
- SPI, I2C, UART, USB and other low level communication interfaces
- Rest API
- Databases (MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQL Lite)
Find out more about how it looks like to work at u-blox in this video!We see diversity as a strength and promote a culture of inclusion among our employees. Our varied backgrounds, ideas and experiences are critical to our success. We strive to become a strong learning organisation and are committed to provide our employees with equal opportunities regardless of differences such as gender, race, ethnicity, generations, belief.
- A multicultural and international company with over 50 different nationalities
- Project-based activities working with colleagues distributed across the globe.
- A start-up and innovation mindset while in the process of scaling-up processes and efficiencies
- Up to 40% remote work & flexible working hours
- Training and career growth opportunities
- Company Bonus and Stock Option Plan
- Easy access location in Perkkaa, Espoo and Hervanta, Tampere
- Modern office premises
- Good basic benefits (commuting, lunch, sports&culture etc.)
- Sport activities, Team events