Location: Sgonico (Trieste) - Italy
Role also available in:
u-blox (SIX:UBXN) is a global technology leader in positioning and wireless communication in automotive, industrial, and consumer markets. Their smart and reliable solutions, services and products let people, vehicles, and machines determine their precise position and communicate wirelessly over cellular and short range networks. With a broad portfolio of chips, modules, and secure data services and connectivity, u blox is uniquely positioned to empower its customers to develop innovative and reliable solutions for the Internet of Things, quickly and cost effectively. With headquarters in Thalwil, Switzerland, the company is globally present with offices in Europe, Asia, and the USA. (www.u-blox.com)
We are a collaborative team of data architects, data engineers and business intelligence specialists. Our purpose is to provide internal colleagues with the data they need to make decisions that drive u-bloxs success. The data these colleagues need comes from many different sources, with many different formats, sizes and frequencies.
As an integral player in this team, you will concentrate on ingesting data from the several sources and preparing it for optimal storage, querying and analysis on our data platform in AWS. The variety and the volumes of data sources will be your greatest challenges. As you master these challenges, you will make a visible contribution to the organization.
Your position will be located in Sgonico, IT (Trieste area).
Your Skills and Experience
- Deliver scalable ingestion processes to capture data from many different data sources
- Script data transformations in Apache Spark using PySpark on AWS EMR
- Orchestrate data processing pipelines using Apache Airflow on AWS
- Monitor, maintain and optimize ingestions, transformations and pipelines
- Collaborate closely with stakeholders to ensure that their datas meaning and value is preserved despite complex data transformations
- Masters degree in computer science, computer engineering or electrical engineering (applied science or similar)
- At least three years of experience transforming data with Spark
- At least three years of experience programming with Python
- At least three years of experience with CI/CD and DevOps in a software engineering team
- Confidence communicating in English
- An agile mindset, focused on delivering stakeholder value
Why would you like working at u-blox?
- Experience optimizing AWS EMR
- Strong data modeling skills (3NF)
Learn more about u-blox and its mission by watching this video !
- A multicultural and international company with over 50 different nationalities
- Project-based activities working with colleagues distributed across the globe.
- A start-up and innovation mindset while in the process of scaling-up processes and efficiencies
- Knowledge sharing is our philosophy
- Nice location on the Carso natural area, 20 min away from Trieste downtown
- Well-being: family environment, indoor kitchen areas, outside recreational area, yoga lessons, jogging group at lunch time, health insurance, , flexible entry and lunch break time, 2% as additional contribution to pension funds
- Easy car parking inside the property and bikes and motorbikes lots
- Team parties twice a year
We see diversity as a strength and promote a culture of inclusion among our employees. Our varied backgrounds, ideas and experiences are critical to our success. We strive to become a strong learning organization and are committed to provide our employees with equal opportunities regardless of differences such as gender, race, ethnicity, generations, belief.