Location: Headquarters (Thalwil) - Switzerland
Role also available in:
u-blox (SIX:UBXN) is a global technology leader in positioning and wireless communication in automotive, industrial, and consumer markets. Their smart and reliable solutions, services and products let people, vehicles, and machines determine their precise position and communicate wirelessly over cellular and short range networks. With a broad portfolio of chips, modules, and secure data services and connectivity, u blox is uniquely positioned to empower its customers to develop innovative and reliable solutions for the Internet of Things, quickly and cost effectively. With headquarters in Thalwil, Switzerland, the company is globally present with offices in Europe, Asia, and the USA. (www.u-blox.com)
Looking for Clever Heads!
We have an opening for the position of Test Engineer in the GNSS Verification team in Thalwil, Switzerland. In this role you will develop automated test cases for the verification for our positioning platform firmware. You are also expected to acquire knowledge of GNSS technology and embedded software by interfacing directly with the GNSS firmware teams. Understanding requirements of new features and planning how to verify the functionality is part of the work. This also requires collaboration with our test hardware and infrastructure team, product verification team, as well as our platform product owners for the overall goal of delivering high quality positioning firmware products for our customers.
You will be part of an international, friendly, and highly collaborative team spread between Switzerland and Finland. You will have support of your team members to deal with variety of daily testing and test development activities, and possibility to optimise and prioritise your work together with your team. If you possess strong analytical skills which enable finding issues and enjoy working with colleagues to resolve them, then this role is for you!
- Understanding the new positioning and navigation feature requirements and how to verify them.
- Define, implement, and document automated test cases for GNSS system verification.
- Contribute to platform-level system integration testing.
- Report on accuracy and integrity of test results, identify defects and non-compliances.
- Work with algorithm developers to analyse requirements, reproduce problems, and support solutions.
- Develop your area of expertise and support decisions in that scope.
- Contribute to the development of daily operations, lab maintenance, remote test environments and tools, and test framework hardware and firmware evolution.
- Create documentation for developed solutions.
- BSc/MSc in Software or Electrical Engineering, Telecommunications or equivalent experience.
- Familiar with embedded software development and/or testing.
- Familiar with Linux.
- Good understanding of revision control systems (e.g. Git).
- Experience with lab tools, signal simulators, oscilloscopes, multimeters, spectrum analyzers.
- Experience on requirements and task management tools (e.g. TestRail, Jama, JIRA).
- Experience with documenting test requirements and test results.
- Fluent in English - both written and spoken.
- Pro-active attitude and a strong desire to collaborate.
What are your perks?
- Knowledge of RF signal concepts, noise figure, measurements of key RF parameters.
- Basic understanding of schematics and test boards.
- Experience with Perl, Python, Matlab, C, C++, or similar scripting languages.
- Familiar with GNSS technology.
- Experience on serial communication (uart, usb).
Learn more about u-blox and its mission by watching this video!Learn more about your future working environment within our Positioning Product Center here! We see diversity as a strength and promote a culture of inclusion among our employees. Our varied backgrounds, ideas and experiences are critical to our success. We strive to become a strong learning organization and are committed to provide our employees with equal opportunities regardless of differences such as gender, race, ethnicity, generations, belief.
- A multicultural and international company with over 50 different nationalities.
- Project-based activities working with colleagues distributed across the globe.
- A start-up and innovation mindset while in the process of scaling-up processes and efficiencies.
- Nice location on the Zurich lake side, 15 min away from Zurich with public transport.
- Sport activities, Friday beers, barbecue, and an amazing roof terrace.
- Between 25 and 30 days of vacation a year, employee insurance contribution taken over by employer and additional contribution from the company to the pension fund, participation to public transport cost.
Look at our career site: https://insde.co/vm0e