Location: Headquarters (Thalwil) - Switzerland
Role also available in:
u-blox (SIX:UBXN) is a global technology leader in positioning and wireless communication in automotive, industrial, and consumer markets. Their smart and reliable solutions, services and products let people, vehicles, and machines determine their precise position and communicate wirelessly over cellular and short range networks. With a broad portfolio of chips, modules, and secure data services and connectivity, u blox is uniquely positioned to empower its customers to develop innovative and reliable solutions for the Internet of Things, quickly and cost effectively. With headquarters in Thalwil, Switzerland, the company is globally present with offices in Europe, Asia, and the USA. (www.u-blox.com)
Would you like to drive the change and develop your career in a successful international tech company? As a Supply Chain Specialist, you will be responsible for the production and capacity planning, from customer demand planning throughout the production support to the prompt deliveries of the goods to the customers. You will be the driver between the market demand on one hand and the planning disposition of the resources on the other hand. The six R's will be your guide: the Right product, in the Right time, at the Right place, in the Right quality, the Right amount and with the Right costs.
You will join a motivated team within our logistics department which is responsible for the module production at one of our main contract manufacturers.
Your experience in SCM, your interest for the cutting edge technology and a growth mindset will be your assets to be successful in this role.
The role will be held in Thalwil, Switzerland (Zurich area).
Your Skills and Experience
- Logistics: Purchasing, planning and collaboration with the subcontractor, stock management, material availability, costs, inventory control.
- Reliable planning: Rolling forecast, capacity planning and balance, cycle time and lead time.
- Booking and handling of all PO's in the ERP system with respect to the forecast, delivery date, material and value flow.
- Monitoring KPIs: Stock level, delivery reliability, service level etc.
- Controlling of custom documents and invoices (follow up with factory if invoice is not correct).
- Supplier relationship: Alignment of forecast- and planning details
- Internal consulting in terms of supply chain and order confirmation towards sales as well as production alignment with R&D and quality.
What are your perks?
- Educational background in supply chain management/ business administration or relevant experience
- Min. 2 years relevant work experience in supply chain management in multinational company
- Accuracy and efficiency in handling tasks
- Team player with ability to work independent and reliable
- Customer oriented personality and organizational talent
- Excellent German and English communication skills (oral and written).
- Experience with ERP Systems and good MS-Office knowledge (Excel in particular)
- Swiss- or EU-citizen or valid work permit for Switzerland
- A multicultural and international company with over 50 different nationalities
- Project-based activities working with colleagues distributed across the globe.
- A start-up and innovation mindset while in the process of scaling-up processes and efficiencies
- Flexible working hours, Home Office possible
- Knowledge sharing is our philosophy
- Easy parking for cars, bikes and motorbikes inside the property
- Between 25 and 30 days of vacation a year, employee insurance contribution taken over by employer and additional contribution from the company to the pension fund, participation to public transport costs