Location: Headquarters (Thalwil) - Switzerland
Role also available in:
u-blox (SIX:UBXN) is a global technology leader in positioning and wireless communication in automotive, industrial, and consumer markets. Their smart and reliable solutions, services and products let people, vehicles, and machines determine their precise position and communicate wirelessly over cellular and short range networks. With a broad portfolio of chips, modules, and secure data services and connectivity, u blox is uniquely positioned to empower its customers to develop innovative and reliable solutions for the Internet of Things, quickly and cost effectively. With headquarters in Thalwil, Switzerland, the company is globally present with offices in Europe, Asia, and the USA. (www.u-blox.com)
Looking for Clever Heads!
As an IC Test Development Engineer at u-blox you are supporting the core of u-bloxs cutting edge technology being part of the innovation process that happens far before the market introduction of our new products.
With your experience and profound knowledge of IC mixed signal testing, you are responsible for developing and validating IC production testing solutions with the appropriate balance between cost, quality, and timing. You are eager to draft the test concept, derive specifications, design, and implement the optimized solution for the entire test setup including HW and SW and, finally support the transfer to the production sites.
You enjoy being part of a motivated, international team, engineering the next generation of u-bloxs innovative and competitive solutions for GNSS, Cellular and Short-range applications.
Position is located in Thalwil / Switzerland
- Develop, improve, and release complex test solutions (Wafer Probe and Final Test) for production of Mixed Signal ICs, being responsible for the quality of the developed test packages including HW and SW.
- Enable state-of-the-art test concepts to minimize test time and optimize cost for high volume production.
- Support the design evaluation and characterization of the IC
- Support the new product introduction and volume ramp-up phase
- Your Skills and ExperiencM.Sc or B.Sc in Electrical Engineering or physics with focus on semiconductors or microelectronics
- Experienced in electric and mixed signal measurement techniques
- Programming skills in VBA and C/C++,
- Skills in verification, validation, documentation, and release of test processes and change management.
- Team spirit and willingness to cooperate closely with cross-functional integrated project teams. Flexible team player.
- Good communication skills (oral and in writing) in English
What are your perks?
- Experience with ATE test systems, e.g. Advantest V93K and/or LTX or other
- Experience in the development of Test Hardware (Load boards, Probe cards)
- Familiarity with methods supporting Zero defect strategy
- Python programming language
Learn more about u-blox and its mission by watching this video !We see diversity as a strength and promote a culture of inclusion among our employees. Our varied backgrounds, ideas and experiences are critical to our success. We strive to become a strong learning organization and are committed to provide our employees with equal opportunities regardless of differences such as gender, race, ethnicity, generations, belief.
- A multicultural and international company with over 50 different nationalities
- Project-based activities working with colleagues distributed across the globe
- A start-up and innovation mindset while in the process of scaling-up processes and efficiencies
- Nice location on the Zurich lake side, 15 min away from Zurich with public transport
- Sport activities, Friday beers, barbecue, and an amazing roof terrace
- Between 25 and 30 days of vacation a year, employee insurance contribution taken over by employer and additional contribution from the company to the pension fund, participation to public transport costs