u-blox (SIX:UBXN) is a global technology leader in positioning and wireless communication in automotive, industrial, and consumer markets. Their smart and reliable solutions, services and products let people, vehicles, and machines determine their precise position and communicate wirelessly over cellular and short range networks. With a broad portfolio of chips, modules, and secure data services and connectivity, u blox is uniquely positioned to empower its customers to develop innovative and reliable solutions for the Internet of Things, quickly and cost effectively. With headquarters in Thalwil, Switzerland, the company is globally present with offices in Europe, Asia, and the USA. (www.u-blox.com)
Job description Senior FAE, ANZ
The Senior Field Application Engineer must ensure that the highest level of support is provided to internal and external customers as requested.
To be successful in this role, you must have a good understanding and in-depth knowledge in the domain of GNSS, Cellular and Short-range technologies. The FAE team is responsible for bringing u-blox products to the markets by supporting our Business Development team in all aspects of technical pre-sales to problems resolutions.
- Ensure an excellent 1st level support regarding our GNSS, Cellular and Short-Range products.
- Pre-sales assistance/Design-In Support/After-sales support.
- Customer developments (engineering).
- Final evaluation of analyzed Returned Material and feed back to team.
- Consulting of customer projects in Support Area in consent of Business Development team and Head of the region.
- Coordination of Support Activities in consent with the Head of the region.
- Bench Test and RMA screening for ANZ region.
- Organizes the technical training of u-blox customers' personnel and the distributors.
- Analysis of Short Range, Cellular andGNSS market and new project opportunities reported to the Business Development team and Head of the region.
- Provides customer support reports to the Business Development team and Head of region.
- Provides a technical market feedback to Business Development team and bug reports to Head of region.
- Performs periodic technical competition analysis and road test according to instructions of Head of the region.
What are your perks?
- Bachelors degree in Electrical Engineering.
- Minimum 5 years of working experience in one or more of the following technical domains:
- GPS/GNSS technologies e.g Automotive Dead Reckoning, Timing, PPP, A-GNSS domains
- Telecommunication standards, 2G, 3G, LTE, CDMA
- Internet technologies TCP/IP, Sockets, HTTP
- Hardware engineering, BB & RF, Microprocessor architecture, e.g ARM
- Software engineering, Linux kernel, Android, RTOS embedded systems
- Bluetooth and Wireless LAN technologies
- Experienced in embedded HW&SW debugging on real time operating systems.
- Experienced in using embedded tools (emulators/JTAG-debuggers).
- Experience working with UDP, MQTT, Secure Key Management or web services will be added advantage.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Strong customer-orientation and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to quickly understand the customers application and system architecture.
- Fluent in English communication, both written and spoken.
- Frequent traveling within Australia/New Zealand.
- Working location Sydney or Melbourne
- A multicultural and international company with over 50 different nationalities.
- Project-based activities working with colleagues distributed across the globe
- A start-up and innovation mindset while in the process of scaling-up processes and efficiencies.
- Training and development programs
- Hybrid work model (40% home office & 60% office)
- Birthday leaves and Birthday gift.
- Company Bonus and Stock Option Plan