Location: Headquarters (Thalwil) - Switzerland;Tampere - Finland
Role also available in: Thalwil - Switzerland;Tampere - Finland
u-blox (SIX:UBXN) is a global provider of leading positioning and wireless communication technologies for the automotive, industrial, and consumer markets. Our solutions let people, vehicles, and machines determine their precise position and communicate wirelessly over cellular and short range networks. With a broad portfolio of chips, modules, and a growing ecosystem of product supporting data services, u-blox is uniquely positioned to empower its customers to develop innovative solutions for the Internet of Things, quickly and cost-effectively. With headquarters in Thalwil, Switzerland, the company is globally present with offices in Europe, Asia, and the USA.
Looking for Clever Heads!
As a GNSS Software Engineer for Navigation Integrity you are responsible for the software development of u-bloxs next generation of navigation devices. Your experience in low level software development and your understanding of navigation algorithms helps to tackle the increased challenges of integrity risk and protection level estimation for ground vehicles.
In this position, you will join a small team of enthusiastic engineers distributed across Europe who bring together expertise and knowledge from all of the company to deliver reliable GNSS software for the next generation of u-bloxs innovative and competitive navigation systems.
You are able to understand new technical concepts, evaluate their feasibility, derive specifications and implement integrity and navigation features of a GNSS receiver.
This role can be located in Thalwil / Switzerland or Tampere / Finland.
Your Skills and Experience
- Specification, implementation and maintenance of integrity, security and navigation features within the u-blox GNSS receiver firmware
- Performance, complexity and cost analysis of proposed features
- Monitoring and evaluation of integrity and security KPIs
- PhD or MS in mathematics or a relevant scientific or engineering discipline
- Excellent software development skills with an ambition to write clean and efficient code
- Experience with software development processes (version control, CI, etc.)
- Solid understanding of statistics, estimation theory and error modeling
- Knowledge of GNSS navigation and related technologies
- Good communication skills in English
What are your perks?
- Embedded C/C++
- Knowledge of navigation integrity and related algorithms
- Knowledge of and experience with integrity for aviation
Find out about your future working environment within our Positioning Product Center here! We see diversity as a strength and promote a culture of inclusion among our employees. Our varied backgrounds, ideas and experiences are critical to our success. We strive to become a strong learning organisation and are committed to provide our employees with equal opportunities regardless of differences such as gender, race, ethnicity, generations, belief.
- A multicultural and international company with over 50 different nationalities
- Project-based activities working with colleagues distributed across the globe
- A start-up and innovation mindset while in the process of scaling-up processes and efficiencies
- Up to 40% remote work & flexible working hours
- Training and career growth opportunities
- Company Bonus and Stock Option Plan
- Good local social benefits
- Sport activities & Team events