When choosing to develop a battery powered LPWA device, one of the most critical elements is power consumption. There are thousands of variants of power cells and the quality range is staggering. Choosing the right one can mean the difference between a cost effective IoT deployment and expensive maintenance support.
If a developer looks carefully at the external and internal parameters to have a real lifetime calculation of the power required while considering the right battery, the choice becomes much clearer and your device stands a better chance of remaining effective.
In this video, battery specialist Tom Willis from SAFT illustrates how to successfully energise your IoT device taking you through a series of requirements you should consider when specifying your design.
u-blox recently held its first developer event called in>flow. Hosted at the Tobacco Theatre, Amsterdam in October, in>flow was designed to present and promote current and future trends in IoT.
The aim was to create a community of experienced, forward-thinking IoT practitioners. It became a powerful forum where advances in current and future IoT technology were put forward and considered, alliances made, working case studies discussed, and a working community in IoT was formed.
This event was presented to device manufacturers, IoT Platform developers, system integrators, and IoT consultants or anyone involved in digital transformation using the concept of industry 4.0 as a model to drive:
- IoT connectivity
- IoT strategy
- IoT applications
- Harnessing new radio technology
- Real-time data
- Device to application management
- Device design and manufacture
Subjects covered by SAFT in this video:
- How IoT technology drives the convergence of industrial verticals
- What are the ingredients of an IoT application?
- What are the key requirements for power in an IoT application
- How to select the right battery for your device?
- What are the key benefits in primary lithium batteries?
- What are the advantages in rechargeable batteries?
- The illustration of several case studies to support different vertical applications
Download the SAFT ‘Successfully energise your IoT device’ presentation