Stand-alone Bluetooth Smart module
The stand-alone Bluetooth low energy (Bluetooth Smart) modules OLS425 and OLP425 are compact modules that support ultra low power consumption and are suitable for applications using coin cell batteries. They come complete with embedded Bluetooth stack and offer solder castellations for visual inspection as well as Apple iOS and Google Android connectivity.
The OLS425 embeds firmware with the u-blox Low Energy Serial Port Service for replacing serial cables or accessing UART devices using Bluetooth low energy technology.
The OLP425 is tailored for those who wish to embed a customer developed application and/or Bluetooth services/attributes on top of the integrated software stack and tools. The stack and tools include object code with the latest Bluetooth low energy protocol stack supporting multiple connections, sample projects and applications covering an extensive set of profiles with source code.The OLP425 is a stand-alone product with no additional hardware required since it offers several mounting options including temperature sensor, accelerometers and LEDs. The OLP425 sample code package includes sample projects for accessing the LEDs, temperature sensor and accelerometers. The OLP425 offers GPIO, SPI, I2C, and UART interfaces as well as analog inputs.
The modules are fully Bluetooth qualified and provide modular radio type approvals for the US, Europe, Japan and Canada (FCC, R&TTE, MIC, IC). They are also compliant with EMC, Safety and Medical standards. The operating temperature range is –40°C to +85°C.
- Bluetooth v4.0 with Bluetooth low energy (Bluetooth Smart)
- Serial port application firmware for UART serial data
- MCU for customer developed applications
- GPIO / SPI / I2C / UART interface
- Options for integrated sensors and LEDs
- u-blox Low Energy Serial Port Service
- Apple iOS and Google Android connectivity
Click here for high resolution image.
1 Applies to OLP425 only
- OLS425 /OLP425 product summary
For advance information, please contact u-blox.
- Additional documents & downloads
- There is an app available that allows developers to evaluate the OLP425.
- View the Bluetooth low energy demo video that shows an iPhone and Bluetooth low energy demo with the OLP425.
- View the Bluetooth low energy demo video that shows the use of the u-blox Low Energy Serial Port Service in an industrial setting with a robot, a computer, an iPhone and the modules OLS426, OBS421, and OLP425.